PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done with Hoppe's #9

meltblown
December 09, 2015, 18:09
All my life it was what you get. Well, they have gone to the plastic medicine bottle type packaging. Leave the fugger in the heat it swells up and leaks. Had some in my ammo can (in the trunk mind you) for the range with spent brass and it leaked out. Looks like an oily batch of DAG with the green spots on the brass. Bought another bottle and and it leaks out as well without exposing it to heat. The old glass bottle with the tin cap always worked fine.

I'm going with the aerosol stuff. And it won't be Hoppe's

J. Armstrong
December 09, 2015, 18:27
Yeah, but the plastic doesn't break if you drop it or it gets bumped by the ordnance or associated hardware.

My ability to remember to take things out of a hot trunk exceeds my ability to control my fumblefingers, so I guess I'll be sticking to the Hoppes :D

meltblown
December 09, 2015, 18:36
The glass was pretty thick. Never broke a bottle ever. Just sitting on the top of the clutter. I despise leaky things.

MAINER
December 11, 2015, 09:27
I have always kept a couple of the small bottles and refilled them from the big jug as needed.

Used a small Rem-oil in my range gear filled with Hoppe;s, but then HEAT is seldom a problem in my AO.

Tuhlmann
December 11, 2015, 16:40
The smell of Hoppe's makes me horny.

RG Coburn
December 11, 2015, 17:35
You gotta keep your cleaning stuff separate...always assume,if it can leak,it will leak.

Mark IV
December 14, 2015, 06:52
Buy it in the plastic bottle, then pour it into a glass bottle.

Problem solved.

ftierson
December 14, 2015, 12:03
I keep a little because I like the smell (brings back memories) but, in all honesty, it's never worked as well as a bore cleaner ever since they took the tetrachloromethane out... :)

Now I use Shooter's Choice #7...

I know that 7 is less than 9, but I deal with it... :)

Forrest

TedMckay
December 18, 2015, 16:31
Butches bore shine , best thing around I dare someone to say it sucks. lol really guys this stuff is amazing , only negative is it is potent smells strong . comes in a great bottle and it it has a plastic two piece threaded outer bottle that is handed for cleaning guns as well. clean a rifle with hopes. then re clean with butches see what you didn't get.