PDA

View Full Version : p239

jt59
December 06, 2015, 11:56
Recently got a 239 in 9mm, twenty years old but in very good condition. I have decided to carry again. I have had a carry permit for about twenty+ years but have mostly kept a pistol in the truck. The trigger feels different than my old p220. Testing ammo and holsters till I find a setup that is comfortable for me.

meltblown
December 06, 2015, 12:21
They are nice and compact. My biggest issue with mine was the trigger reset. I normally expect recoil to assist in resetting the trigger. It was just too long for a follow up shot without having to consciously ease my finger off. There is a SRT (short reset trigger)upgrade you can do. It helped the condition. Not sure if your has this installed. You can find it on for sale on the sig website and videos on you tube to install takes about an hour.

pre1989
December 09, 2015, 00:12
They are great guns .. Def try the SRT it helps a lot

squid8286
December 16, 2015, 19:23
I have four SIGs. I love the damn things, and my 239 9mm is the one I use the most. It isn't high-capacity, and there are pistols that are easier to conceal, but it is one of my favorite "all-around" guns. Sort of a "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none" sort of pistol.

hagar
December 16, 2015, 20:01
I have one in 357 SIG, but don't carry it much anymore. Nothing wrong with it, extremely accurate, just like the light weight of my Kahr CW9. I did carry it in AZ and used it for qualifying for my AZ ccw permit renewal, and shot a smiley face with it for the instructor. Have to go dig it out of the safe and take it to the range again!

squid8286
December 17, 2015, 11:09
I just bought my wife a CW9. What little bit of shooting I have done with it, it seems like a good pistol. How many rounds thru yours since you had it? Any problems with it?

hagar
December 17, 2015, 21:51
I just bought my wife a CW9. What little bit of shooting I have done with it, it seems like a good pistol. How many rounds thru yours since you had it? Any problems with it?

About 300. Mostly Winchester white box and about 20 Remington Golden Saber bonded (which is my 9mm carry load), no malfunctions whatsoever.

squid8286
December 19, 2015, 18:12
About 300. Mostly Winchester white box and about 20 Remington Golden Saber bonded (which is my 9mm carry load), no malfunctions whatsoever.

Glad to hear no problems with it!