PDA

View Full Version : AK Flexibility...Slow Motion Video

Bubacus
December 04, 2015, 07:39
My friend was complaining about shooting my AK and was getting a lot of cheek slap. He is used to mostly poodle shooters of the AR variety .I was trying to explain how to correctly hold the AK when shooting it, and why a good shoulder weld helps...This video helped him see what actually happens while firing it. I love the 40x slow down:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZifACx38sg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian in MN
December 05, 2015, 10:26
Yeah right. I'm sure those laminate wood butts really bend about 1/2 inch each time the rifle is fired. Especially when there is no stress on them when fired like that. Why don't you try that at home. Clamp your rifle in a vise and see what happens when you bend the wood butt 1/2 inch.

andresere
December 05, 2015, 15:03
Yeah right. I'm sure those laminate wood butts really bend about 1/2 inch each time the rifle is fired. Especially when there is no stress on them when fired like that. Why don't you try that at home. Clamp your rifle in a vise and see what happens when you bend the wood butt 1/2 inch.

Why can't that be attributed to the rear of the receiver flexing during recoil, you know the part that the laminated stock bolts to?:facepalm: Maybe the sun got in the camera's eye, cause it sure looks like the stock flexes to me.

OP, watch a slo-mo video of a PSL. That will blow your mind.