PDA

View Full Version : -1 for Brownells

IRONWORKER
December 02, 2015, 14:10
I've done business with Brownells for years with no real issues. Ordered a Criterion 308AR barrel & it came in today..... 1/3 of the barrel was hanging out of the box. It was thrown in a large box with zero packing so I'm lucky it made it here at all. Luckily there was no damage but it never would've happened had it been properly packaged to begin with

Artful
December 03, 2015, 07:21
Last barrel I got (Shilen) was in a mailing tube with paper at each end for padding and a metal cap stapled to the tube on each end to seal.

IRONWORKER
December 03, 2015, 20:25
Would have been nice if mine was packaged like that :sad:

SWOHFAL
December 03, 2015, 21:11
I've done business with Brownells for years with no real issues. Ordered a Criterion 308AR barrel & it came in today..... 1/3 of the barrel was hanging out of the box. It was thrown in a large box with zero packing so I'm lucky it made it here at all. Luckily there was no damage but it never would've happened had it been properly packaged to begin with

Could be they hired a bunch of morons for seasonal work in the shipping dept.

notfrommt
December 03, 2015, 21:22
Call them on the phone, they will make it right.

J. Armstrong
December 03, 2015, 22:02
Honestly sorry to hear of your problem, but the real measure of a person OR a company is not so much their mistakes, it is more important how they resolve them.

As above, call 'em, talk to 'em, and report back :)

richbug
December 04, 2015, 15:14
Call them on the phone, they will make it right.

I am struggling with what there is to "make right". The barrel arrived "undamaged". If it had been damaged, Brownells would certainly have made it right.

Now a pleasant phone call to them to let them know they have a moron temp worker in shipping might be a nice thing to do.

gordonm1
December 06, 2015, 11:50
I'd contact them and tell them how it was packed and how the packaging failed miserably and that the shipper kept it from damage.

oleblu72
December 06, 2015, 22:42
I'd contact them and tell them how it was packed and how the packaging failed miserably and that the shipper kept it from damage.

+2

Illurian00
December 07, 2015, 00:55
I would definitely call Brownell. For what they charge for everything they sell, they should be able to afford some old newspaper for padding,,,at the very least.

gunplumber
December 07, 2015, 09:36
Honestly sorry to hear of your problem, but the real measure of a person OR a company is not so much their mistakes, it is more important how they resolve them.

As above, call 'em, talk to 'em, and report back :)

this. Although in this case, their negligence caused no ill result. I would still let them know about it, but I'm not seeing where you have a claim.

SteelonSteel
December 07, 2015, 11:19
I would certainly send them an advisory email and maybe a picture of the quality failure of the packing.

I've had my share of shipping failures. One, not mine fortunately was a SAInc. M1a NM that arrived with the FH sticking out of the box with some road rash on it. UPS was the shipper, the gun had been sent back to SAInc. via my friend's shop. When it went out it was in the original box with an over box. When it came back there was no original box, just put in an overbox with Newsprint that did nothing.