View Full Version : Polymer Witness pistols

November 30, 2015, 09:30
Yes or no... I know they aren't real CZs. Local place has them on sale for just over $200. I have real CZs, but they are too nice to stash in tool boxes and generally abuse.

All the reviews I can find are favorable.

Not sure if they are the Italian or Turk models. Any preference one over the other?

December 01, 2015, 14:54
So I went and Czeched them out. They aren't high polished Pre-B CZ75s but are nicely done. Especially for $219 after rebate.

They had pink compacts, and black full size(has a rail). I bought one of each(wife said if I bought another handgun, that it had better be pink; ergo she gave her permission right???). Only come with 1 mag but MECGAR CZ75 mags fit and function well. Italian made.

The Pink one has a couple red spots on the frame where a red plastic pellet was mixed with the pink ones. Won't be an issue after I duracote the slide brown and throw some brown polka dots on the frame.

Put 50 rounds of Fiochi 115 ball through each. No issues. At 25 yards they went into a 5" group 3-4 inches low. I'll try some 147s at a later date t see if the POI doesn't move up.

January 21, 2016, 10:47
Update on these.

The compact pink one has been flawless. 1000+ rounds, fits her hand well, cycles everything including known hard primer stuff. The factory mag is fine, CZ compact mags are 3/8" too long, but work OK.

The full size didn't like about half the ammo I tried in it, (blazer brass, perfecta, RP cheap ball). Getting stovepipes and weak ejection. Switched to a weaker spring I found in my used spring drawer(probably from a CZ75???) and it runs these fine.

The factory mag that came with the fullsize is junk. Load more than 12 rounds and it won't strip the rounds out of the mag(even with the too powerful spring that was in the gun to start with). It has a small dimple on the lips to grab the rim as it the round goes forward to keep it from nosediving. This dimple holds at the extractor groove preventing them going forward to chamber. I ground the dimple out, and if you load more than 8 they all nosedive. Luckily Mecgars for a CZ75 work perfectly, both the 16 and 19 round ones. I have about 700 rounds though the Mecgars with no issues. Real CZ mags fit and cycle but won't lock back the slide.

All in all I would recommend them both as great "budget" starter guns, just expect the full size to need some minor tweaks, or just load 12 rounds and only use known "hot" ammo.

January 21, 2016, 13:58
thanks for the update.

January 22, 2016, 20:42
Mind if I ask where and did you see a 10mm?:uhoh:

January 23, 2016, 09:22
Mind if I ask where and did you see a 10mm?:uhoh:

"Rural King", we refer to it as "Hillbilly Heaven". Reg $279, they were on sale for $249, with 12% rebate from the store making them $219.

No large frame, or steel frame Witnesses that I saw. Even at $279 I think they are a better value than anything out there.

January 23, 2016, 19:29

Is it made in Turkey? I have been thinking of getting one to go with my two Czech CZ75s.

January 23, 2016, 20:05

Is it made in Turkey? I have been thinking of getting one to go with my two Czech CZ75s.

Italy. RK has them on sale this again this week. End up being $229 after rebate.

They had the Turk guns(B6P?) Similar but no rail, $269 IIRC, Less 12% rebate.

January 23, 2016, 20:38
Looks like a trip to rural king...lol

January 28, 2016, 23:33
I bought one of the SAR B6P models (no rail) from CDNN about a month ago, just because it was cheap ($249) to use for a class gun doing CCW classes. Mine was made in Turkey, came with one mag, and was a lot nicer than I expected.

I ran a few mags through it for function testing, and had no problems. My magazine works fine so far, but there are no factory mags available anywhere in the known universe that I've been able to find. So I'm glad to hear that Mec-Gar mags will work, even if they don't lock the slide back on the last shot.

Mine has a fair amount of trigger slap that actually makes the gun a little uncomfortable to shoot after a couple of mags worth of ammo through it in one range session, but that may improve with use.

The sights are right on, and the gun groups well. When I got it, it was VERY tight. The first time I disassembled it, I had to use a nylon tip hammer to get the slide stop out of the frame so I could get the slide off of the frame. However, after shooting the pistol, that's loosened up well, and I suspect that it will get looser with more rounds through the gun. The slide is a little difficult to cycle when doing it with the hammer down, but works fine once you find the proper grip on the slide.

All in all, I've been pretty positively impressed with the B6P. For an inexpensive gun, it's a LOT better than I thought it would be.

The one interesting thing is that after I bought it, I haven't seen any more advertised without the rail, so EAA may not be importing them any longer. If that's the case, I'm glad that I got this one when I did.

February 01, 2016, 19:20
I bought a couple, from Centerfire Systems, a few months ago. Cost me about $310 apiece, in my hand (including dealer fee, etc). I really like them b/c of the green frames, should have bought one in desert sand too.

Mine are made in Italy. MecGar CZ 75 mags work fine. I think it is a whole lotta gun for a very reasonable price.

Personally, I'll buy Turkish ammo but I ain't buying their guns.

February 03, 2016, 20:15
I talked myself out of buying another, well not exactly, they were out of PA handgun forms when I stopped in, or I would have bought another, or a few.

February 13, 2016, 16:08

I bought a couple of Mec-Gar CZ75B mags from Midway, and they arrived a couple days ago. Tried them in the B6P, and they fit, but wouldn't quite lock in solidly. So I disassembled the mags and the gun, and did some checking and measuring. Turns out that at least on the one I have, the B6P mag catch is just a wee bit higher in the frame than the mag catch cut in the mag body is. Or it is on the two Mec-Gar CZ75 mags.

But we're only talking about a few thousandths of an ince, so I took my Dremel and used a carbide bit to open up the mag catch hole in the Mec-Gars, which immediately voided the warranty. But at $20 ea. for the mags, I figured I could experiment a little. Modifying the mags was a slow process. I'd disassemble the mag, take a tiny amount of metal off of the top of the mag catch cut, then reassemble the mag and try it in the gun. Then disassemble it again and take a little more off. You get the idea.

It took me about half an hour to get both mags modified to where they would lock into the gun when I inserted them in the mag well. Both lock in nicely now, and will feed dummy rounds hand cycling the action. The acid test will be next week when I take the gun and mags out to the range and try them with live ammo. I'll let you know whether it works or not.

March 31, 2016, 18:34

Well, it took a bit longer than a week to get to the range. The day after I posted my last update, I started pissing blood. I won't bore you with all the gory details, but it turned out that I had stones in my bladder and had to have an operation to get them out. That was about a month ago. The good news is that the operation went well, and I can pee better now. So yesterday afternoon I finally got to do a range trip and took the B6P and the Mec-Gar mags.

The modifications were a complete success. Both mags locked in to the mag well with live ammo in them, and fed, fired, and ejected live ammo with no problem. I now have three working magazines for the B6P, which I think is about the right number.

Today I disassembled the gun to clean it, and made one more modification. It's so minor I almost hate to call it a modification. It's more like tuning. What it was is that the slide stop in the B6P has a groove on the right side toward the end that a fairly stiff spring inside the frame fits into and holds the slide stop in place. The problem is that it holds it in place a little too well, to the point where I had to use a hammer on it to drive the slide stop out when field stripping the gun. So what I did was to take a jeweler's file and very carefully put a radius on the outside half of the groove to remove the sharp corner of the groove and make things a bit smoother. After doing a few test fittings and filing the corner of the groove, I can now get the slide stop out using my thumb instead of a hammer. It still takes a fair amount of pressure to get the slide stop to move, but now the gun is much easier to field strip.

But after all, this was a pretty inexpensive gun, so the fact that it has some rough edges (literally) isn't too much of a surprise. What's surprising is how few rough edges it has. And I've already taken care of a couple of them, so it should work without any flaws from now on. I'd really like to get rid of the trigger slap, but I'm not sure that's possible. I may just have to live with it. However, if someone out there knows how to get rid of trigger slap in the SARB6P, please let me know. Thanks.

March 31, 2016, 19:22
My wife's pink compact still hasn't missed a beat. It eats everything.

The full size is just slightly over sprung for the case of "Blazer Brass 124" I put through it. It runs everything else i have tried fine using the mecgar CZ75 mags.