View Full Version : anybody mount a reflex type on a revolver?

November 30, 2015, 07:29
if so, info and pic's please.

November 30, 2015, 07:52
I ran one for awhile. It was supposed to be a great training aid as it forces you to line it up properly. You probably already know the dots runs off if it's not lined up right

It didn't work for me so I took it off. If your revolver is a S&W, there are mounts made just for a reflex as many people do this.

I put the same reflex on a Ruger MK II where it rides to this day. Weird how it was so unusable on a revolver and perfect on a MK II

It may very well be the opposite for you. A reflex on a revolver may be the greatest thing since indoor plumbing.

I could pull everything apart and install the reflex for pictures but it isn't going to help you decide. You really need to locate someone with this set-up and try it for yourself. There are probably some competitive shooter near you that have this set-up

November 30, 2015, 22:56
You will find out how good your double-action technique is.

Some of the locals seem to like the CMore.

Any optic raises the line of sight above the iron sights. This means you have to get accustomed to holding whole gun about an inch or so lower than you would for use of the irons.
Apparently the installation results in a learning period where you try to retrain your presentation of the gun so that the dot shows in the field of view during the draw; otherwise the contortions begin.

One guy simply went with the largest window he could find and seems to do OK. We tend to give him ration of BS for the 'Hubble' (its some kind of Tasco).

December 03, 2015, 19:39
There's nothing wrong with a CMore. It's used in competition because of its dependability.

A reflex will be much shorter. It really depends on what the OP wants it for