PDA

View Full Version : Glock Customer service

warsteiner_1970
November 27, 2015, 21:01
I bought a NIB Glock 34 today, got one that was not display, and when I got home, upon closer inspection, it has pitting on the slide right under Glock banner that was obviously from the factory as it's been finished over. Kinda my fault for not looking closely at the pistol, but with Glocks, was not expecting something like this that slipped past quality control...:mad:

So, my question I guess is, has anyone had experience with Glock customer service?...Anyone get a Glock with a pitted slide before? Chances of a replacement slide? :whistling:

4x401
November 27, 2015, 21:11
I bought a NIB Glock 34 today, and I got one that was not display, and when I got home, upon closer inspection, it has pitting on the slide right under Glock banner that was obviously from the factory as it's been finished over. Kinda my fault for not looking closely at the pistol, but with Glocks, was not expecting something like this that slipped past quality control...:mad:

So, my question I guess is, has anyone had experience with Glock customer service?...Anyone get a Glock with a pitted slide before? Chances of a replacement slide? :whistling:

Never bought anything from Glock that was pitted. Having dealt with Glock CS on a couple other things, I can say they were stellar.

notfrommt
November 27, 2015, 21:22
Please post some pics. This I gotta see. :?

warsteiner_1970
November 27, 2015, 21:50
Pardon the terrible pic

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/Louie123_bucket/94e676cd-42b5-4576-aff1-0d942c6d901f_zpsee525h6u.jpg

Not a lot, but enough to drive my OCD into orbit, especially on a NIB pistol...:redface:...You can see where it was brushed, ground even, depressions, slight but there...:thumbsdown:..

4x401
November 27, 2015, 22:20
Pardon the terrible pic

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/Louie123_bucket/94e676cd-42b5-4576-aff1-0d942c6d901f_zpsee525h6u.jpg

Not a lot, but enough to drive my OCD into orbit, especially on a NIB pistol...:redface:...You can see where it was brushed, ground even, depressions, slight but there...:thumbsdown:..

It's actually a very good pic... But com'on man, its just a stink'in Block, Get over it.:D

warsteiner_1970
November 27, 2015, 22:29
I guess my OCD is worse, my eye is drawn to it every time I look at it....:eyebulge:

Just wondering if Glock will replace it....it's not like I bought a Hi-Point here...LOL

notfrommt
November 27, 2015, 22:59
Just wondering if Glock will replace it

They probably would if you called them on it. Of course, the replacement gun may have worse pitting than this one...

ftierson
November 28, 2015, 00:01
Give them a call and explain things to them. They can probably tell you better what they'll do than we can tell you what they'll do... :)

My experience with their customer service has been very good...

Forrest

warsteiner_1970
December 02, 2015, 11:10
Sent Glock C.S. a email on Sat, got a reply yesterday saying send in the slide....
looking good so far...:angel:

hagar
December 02, 2015, 12:09
Post back when you get it back. My experience with a Glock refinish was pretty dismal, looked like they put it on with a paintbrush. AZEX (He who is not to be named on the Files) had to refinish it in Teflon-moly.

SPEEDGUNNER
December 02, 2015, 12:22
If you bought it locally I would try to return/exchange for another...

Sagerider
December 03, 2015, 19:17
A flaw on the surface is an indicator they may be more under the surface you can not see. Send the slide back for a new one.

Tat2
December 04, 2015, 14:35
I wonder what they will do about it. If they replace it I do not think they will match up another serial number to match your barrel and frame.

T

ftierson
December 04, 2015, 14:42
I wonder what they will do about it. If they replace it I do not think they will match up another serial number to match your barrel and frame.

Having had a barrel replaced before, they will not match up the SN to the rest of the gun.

Having said that, you will receive a 'letter' about the 'factory' 'replacement of the barrel with the SN...

Having said that, do you care more about the SN or the condition of the handgun?

Forrest

Tat2
December 04, 2015, 21:38
Having had a barrel replaced before, they will not match up the SN to the rest of the gun.

Having said that, you will receive a 'letter' about the 'factory' 'replacement of the barrel with the SN...

Having said that, do you care more about the SN or the condition of the handgun?

Forrest

Gotcha. Personally the serial number. I have drawn mine from a kydex holster thousands of times and the finish is completely worn from it.....it's just a tool

T

warsteiner_1970
December 04, 2015, 23:34
A mismatched slide serial # would NOT be acceptable to me at all...:uhoh:...My OCD would spin out of control....LOL

If that is their fix, they can either send me another G34 or a refund....

Not my fault their quality control missed that.

I tried to take it back to the dealer I bought it from, for refund, trade, anything, but no dice...

I'm really hoping for a matching slide or blank. I don't see why making a matching # would be a big deal.

SAFN49
December 05, 2015, 00:40
I'm really hoping for a matching slide or blank. I don't see why making a matching # would be a big deal.

Some countries the slide is the registered part, some countries it is the bbl.

So Glock, being the multi national that they are, make everything to the universal spec. One size fits none.