PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade AUG Trigger

Bones2586
November 24, 2015, 14:49
Good day all -

Just picked up an AUG A3 M1, and have read (but not tested yet) that the factory triggers are not so good. There was an article in one of the firearms magazines a few months ago that made mention of a "Hybrid Trigger Module" that Steyr makes, which is a vast improvement over the factory trigger...but alas, isn't available from Steyr. (insert head scratch here!)

Any lines/thoughts on a replacement trigger? Little different compared to an "AR", as we all know...

Thanks in advance for the assist! Cheers!!

:aug:

douglas
November 24, 2015, 22:09
Neu-Trigger is the way to go. $29 for a much improved trigger.
http://www.neu-trigger.com/
I've had one on my Aug 3 for about 2 years now. No issues.
Replacement trigger packs are expensive and hard to obtain.

paulb2112
November 25, 2015, 06:15
Neu-trigger is all that is needed. Can't beat it for $30.

K.O.A.M.
November 25, 2015, 09:36
I bought the 20/20 Precision Sear from Ratworx. Should be here today or Friday. Once I get it in and get some time on it, I'll report back.

Seven Click's Up
November 25, 2015, 21:10
I installed the Trigger Tamer in my USR.
It did make it smoother, with a bit lighter pull weight.
It still has that long pull though. I think the Trigger Tamer has a spot where you move a spring to a different spot from where it was originally.
I have no experience with the other types.
The piece that gets installed is what I think is Made from Delerin. (Sp?) Its a white color, and seems slippery, compared to the plastic piece it replaces.
I'm happy with it, but I can only compare it to the original.
Hammer packs for the A3 M1 are $150. Im not sure a new hammer pack would improve anything unless they changed them..

paulb2112
November 26, 2015, 10:04
Honestly, I didn't think the trigger in last two I bought where bad out of box.
I pretty much ordered neu-triggers out of habbit.I never cared for a light trigger in a fighting gun.
Couple of amd65's I had where way too light to me.

Bones2586
November 26, 2015, 22:31
Thanks all guys, for the information. Definitely look into the options, and see where I end up!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the Black Friday sales!

Cheers!