PDA

View Full Version : Help with BM59 stripper clip guide install

mrf2
November 20, 2015, 17:34
I am going to have Shuff's Parkerizing build a BM59 para kit on a receiver for me. I had a stripper clip guide made to attach to the receiver bridge; Tim doesn't feel comfortable welding or soldering it on (he doesn't want to mess my gun up, understandable). Does anyone know if a smith who might be willing to do the work?

Frenchkat
November 20, 2015, 19:08
Why do you want the guide. It's pretty useless.

Bunch of BM clones (I've got 2, an E model and an Alpine), out there without the guide.

Doesn't add anything.

mrf2
November 20, 2015, 19:40
I think it looks neat, makes the rifle look more complete to me. I know that much like the guide on the M14 it's kinda useless (just change your magazine...) I also already had one made so why not?

2barearms
November 21, 2015, 07:16
Ask Aliyahoo.

AliYahu
November 22, 2015, 00:44
My BM59E lacks it. I don't know anybody doing them, and suspect they're likely more trouble than they're worth. I think Beretta welded them on.
They were optional on Beretta reworked guns, by the way...

Eli

Orlando8
November 22, 2015, 19:13
I thought I wanted one installed on my build but couldnt find anyone who would do it. I look back now and I dont miss the guide at all
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/BM59/Picture677.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Garandlover/media/BM59/Picture677.jpg.html)

Oxmix
December 21, 2015, 23:22
What about James River Armory?

gordonm1
December 23, 2015, 10:39
Would the guide have been a faster way to load mags than with your fingers if you had ammo on stripper clips?

Douglas Wozny
December 23, 2015, 14:37
Would the guide have been a faster way to load mags than with your fingers if you had ammo on stripper clips?

One thing everyone must understand about the "stripper clip" guide not only on the BM59 but also the M14 and C1A1 is that it was to be used ONLY IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES! The principle method of reload these rifles is to replace the empty magazine with a full magazine. Only when you found yourself out of full magazines and still waist deep in hostiles were you to resort to using "stripper clips " and the guide.

bigstick61
December 27, 2015, 20:33
I am going to have Shuff's Parkerizing build a BM59 para kit on a receiver for me. I had a stripper clip guide made to attach to the receiver bridge; Tim doesn't feel comfortable welding or soldering it on (he doesn't want to mess my gun up, understandable). Does anyone know if a smith who might be willing to do the work?

Who made the guide and is he making any more?