PDA

View Full Version : Century c308

DelawareTacticalDynamics
November 08, 2015, 17:02
Shot a buddies Century c308 (the last of the CETME surplus, so they say). I was impressed at the fit and finish to say the least. He went to the range some time back with his ptr and c309, taped over the markings and asked around to pick out the ptr from the century. He said most of the hk guys couldn't pick the difference except one who owned both and new the actual finish was different century has a powder coat look and the ptr is parkerized.

Anyway for $599 at the local shop what is there to lose? If the bang button sends lead downrange it shouldn't matter at that price point. Century gets a bad wrap they've really gotten behind their products I have an m92 pap and it is rock solid. James Yeager approves, although a colossal pricks, he usually has good taste in products.

Any thoughts? Its hard to pass up a semiautomatic 308 for $599. Especially for an ak guy :shades:

Still don't have a :fal: but im working on it lol

fmj_shooter
November 10, 2015, 20:36
Saw them at shot show. I really want one. Other things came ahead this year, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Hypoponera
November 18, 2015, 14:13
I picked one up in March. Shoots great and was a solid replacement for my PTR 91. I don't shoot groups, but I can easily blow up cans of soda at 100 yards!