PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pulls..

Andy the Aussie
November 08, 2015, 02:11
....so I want to get a 3.5lb trigger pull in my M17, I only wish to use Glock parts, is the "3.5lb connector" the only part I need to order ?

And where is "the place" to get Glock parts in the US ?

Thanks as usual... ;)

kotengu
November 08, 2015, 09:24
Yes. Glockmeister is where I get stuff usually.

Be prepared that it won't be a true 3.5lb pull, and it will still be mushy - but it's what I use and get by just fine. Polish all the surfaces involved too.

grumpy1
November 08, 2015, 13:30
If one has a Glock armor certificate, they can order Glock parts straight from Glock. Polishing the parts can help but be careful of where you polish, if too much is removed you may end up having to buy more parts. And yes the only part needed to change the trigger pull is the connector.

I've never bought from any were other than Glock, and not sure on the export laws.

Andy the Aussie
November 08, 2015, 15:30
Thanks all. I can get all the parts sent from Brownells if need be but they rape me on shipping. As long as the part in question is not ITAR controlled then it is no issue at the US end and I have my paperwork in order at this end. I CAN buy them here but at a 200% mark up +/- !

kotengu ..... yeah I know it will still have that special spongey feeling, I am really use to that now as all the issue M22s have the NY trigger kits that break even heavier then my stock personal M17. I just want that last break a little better. :biggrin::biggrin:

L Haney
November 08, 2015, 15:45
Polishing the parts can help but be careful of where you polish, if too much is removed...

Excellent point. Often lost on those that possess Dremels. If you see sparks, you ain't polishing.

Andy the Aussie
November 08, 2015, 16:01
Excellent point. Often lost on those that possess Dremels. If you see sparks, you ain't polishing. ... I have a dremel.... I don't use it on ANYTHING worth more than $2, I know where my skill set lay and it is NOT as a home gunsmith !!!!!

Andy the Aussie
November 08, 2015, 17:15
Found the Glock 3.5lb connectors here for only a 100% cost increase so I have ordered one. Then for the install... ;)

Andy the Aussie
November 10, 2015, 00:18
Great service from a local company, ordered yesterday, arrived today, installed just now !! Made a huge difference !!

grumpy1
November 10, 2015, 02:37
Well done Andy, I was looking through some of my Glock parts tonight and found one, but I don't think I could have gotten it to you anywhere close to the speed your local shop got it to you.

ftierson
November 10, 2015, 12:01
I picked up a police trade-in Glock 17 (Gen2) last year that had the awful 12.5lb law enforcement trigger.

Switching back to the standard Glock 5.5lb trigger (which I prefer on a combat gun to lighter triggers) required a connector and spring...

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Andy the Aussie
November 10, 2015, 13:32
Yes, I did the connector and spring mate ;) Greatly improved.

Andy the Aussie
November 10, 2015, 13:35
Well done Andy, I was looking through some of my Glock parts tonight and found one, but I don't think I could have gotten it to you anywhere close to the speed your local shop got it to you.....thanks for the thought none the less mate. I have never dealt with the guys I just did before but they were recommended and certainly didn't let me down !

gates
November 12, 2015, 01:16
Go shoot a SIG 320c in 9mm... I love my Glocks but damn...

Andy the Aussie
November 12, 2015, 02:21
No point for me mate, does not meet the minimum barrel length requirements for me. I need at least 120mm to make the grade (hence the Glock 17A).

Andy

leek
November 13, 2015, 12:58
but.but.but, I was specifically told by two Aussie women that all guns are outlawed in Australia. That was six weeks ago in Italy on a vacation that I was taking. I was also told by two Canadian women that guns were outlawed in Canada , even though I showed them my Canadian RPAL. Yes , I , an American, can have a Canadian License . I carry my RPAL card in my passport folder so I had it available. They looked at it and said it was illegal or a fake since it was outlawed years ago. Guess what , conceal carry is legal in Italy for some people too. BTW , the min length in Canada is 105 mm.

Andy the Aussie
November 13, 2015, 14:05
Yes people have no clue even in their own country.

SAFN49
November 14, 2015, 09:54
There must be a pretty healthy market in Australia for handguns otherwise Glock wouldn't make the 17A (Australia) version.

Andy the Aussie
November 14, 2015, 15:31
There is, most companies make a version for here as well now, for a full sized handgun it was normally only a few extra mm of barrel to comply. That or they imported their threaded models.