PDA

View Full Version : 17 slide work on a 22 frame?

NC Rifleman
October 29, 2015, 20:06
Anybody know if a 9mm model 17 barrel/slide will work on a .40cal model 22 frame? Both are gen II parts. I don't mean will it just fit, but would it be a safe, functional swap. I was told by the person selling the frame that that it is the same as a model 17, but the guy also sells used cars lol.

W.E.G.
October 29, 2015, 21:04
Absolutely yes.

W.E.G.
October 29, 2015, 21:08
If you look at the part numbers, there ARE different part numbers for the trigger housing (includes ejector) for the the 9mm vs. the .40

For a conversion, the spent brass can't tell the difference between the part numbers.

NC Rifleman
October 30, 2015, 07:02
Thanks for the info. I was looking for another frame to swap out the one on my 17 that has some pieces broken off around the magwell opening. Ran across this 22 frame that's like new and wanted to make sure the swap would be ok before I was carrying it everyday at work. Already been offered a replacement frame from Glock but I wanted another Gen II type.

yellowhand
October 30, 2015, 09:45
I just did the same thing, for same reason, everything is fine with swap.

I took my beat to crap lower and picked up a .22 top unit, works great, kids and new shooters love it.
Just wrapped electrical tape around the cracks and missing chips.
One 12 year old told me that how real gunmen wrapped their handguns!:wink:

Fn/form
October 30, 2015, 13:06
Thanks for the info. I was looking for another frame to swap out the one on my 17 that has some pieces broken off around the magwell opening. Ran across this 22 frame that's like new and wanted to make sure the swap would be ok before I was carrying it everyday at work. Already been offered a replacement frame from Glock but I wanted another Gen II type.

Maybe an aftermarket magwell?

NC Rifleman
October 30, 2015, 21:16
The tech I spoke to at Glock in GA said the frame was the same but the internals were different and advised against the swap. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue or if they were just playing CYA.