PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco Omega...

gates
October 18, 2015, 20:20
Looks like a cool can, bot one, paperwork in process... if it works as advertised I'll
pick up a few more. I looked at A LOT of .30 cans - this thing evidently works from
.300WM down to .17 (end caps are exchangeable), direct thread or QD, brake or clean face, very modular. If you want ONE "do it all" but maybe not the BEST v. a dedicated can it looks like this may be one to consider if you only want/can afford ONE rifle can. YMMV.

Jon Frum
November 24, 2015, 19:39
Will this work on an AK?

gates
November 24, 2015, 20:28
yep:-)

mp
November 24, 2015, 20:38
On my want list

CG&L
November 24, 2015, 21:25
I just got my SpecWar 762 about a month ago. The 9" length wasn't much of a problem as it was going on a 300BLK with an 8.5"bbl
It's quiet with subsonic loads

Total length is still about the same as a 16"bbl with flash hider

Been trying to decide on a shorter can. Toss up between the Saker and an Omega
If there's an Omega at the fun store when I get home, it'll be time to start the wait time again

Jon Frum
November 28, 2015, 18:53
Is this the one that if you farg up the front you can unscrew the old one and replace?

Looks like a cool can, bot one, paperwork in process... if it works as advertised I'll
pick up a few more. I looked at A LOT of .30 cans - this thing evidently works from
.300WM down to .17 (end caps are exchangeable), direct thread or QD, brake or clean face, very modular. If you want ONE "do it all" but maybe not the BEST v. a dedicated can it looks like this may be one to consider if you only want/can afford ONE rifle can. YMMV.

gates
November 29, 2015, 10:31
Yep.

Bawana jim
December 01, 2015, 22:55
I went with the entry suppressor in 22 caliber for my AR. It's a Gemtech that doesn't come apart and is made to keep the muzzle blast down indoors. I leave it on the gun as I don't want to change the barrel harmonics by taking it off. I shoot high velocity ammo in the gun and it is quiet enough my ears don't ring. It's short but light weight and is just the ticket for my bedroom gun.

I don't like the blowback in the AR as it blows right down into the mag and gets up comming ammo dirty. I end up cleaning gun and mags more and the gas actually stains the brass.

For my quiet gun I bought a Tom Denal 44 suppressed bolt action. It's a fine weapon and very quiet. He sells a lot of guns as his are rated the most quiet. Bad deal is the range is limited with the quiet load. 300 grain 44 at just under a thousand feet per sec has a lot of drop.

I don't need anymore suppressed guns.

gates
December 03, 2015, 02:00
Won't know if this can is worthwhile until I can test it - looks good on paper, has good reviews and I have no full auto rifles so we'll see.