PDA

View Full Version : 1919 - what to buy for owner?

fnogger
October 17, 2015, 10:25
So a buddy of mine has a small stamp collection, and recently added a 1919 in 762x51. Took my son and I out to shoot it (and a M16 and an Uzi), we ran thru a few hundred rounds of 762 and 9mm. He wouldn't accept any of my ammo, and I'd like to do something nice for him... I'd like to get him something he can use with the 1919. Any suggestions?

gunplumber
October 17, 2015, 10:33
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_04_2010/post-10890-1272569958.jpg

Seriously, I don't know why he won't take ammo, but as someone burned out on machineguns, I can tell you that the thrill is gone. After hundreds of thousands of rounds, my thrill now comes vicariously through someone else discovering it. So while it sounds silly, you did him a favor by enjoying shooting his machinegun.

nopec
October 17, 2015, 17:27
How about a gift card to his favorite restaurant or a bottle of his favorite relaxation?

specz79
October 17, 2015, 17:38
So a buddy of mine has a small stamp collection, and recently added a 1919 in 762x51. Took my son and I out to shoot it (and a M16 and an Uzi), we ran thru a few hundred rounds of 762 and 9mm. He wouldn't accept any of my ammo, and I'd like to do something nice for him... I'd like to get him something he can use with the 1919. Any suggestions?

Good on you, as Nopec said a gift card to a nice restaurant or a nice bottle if he enjoys a drink now and again.

Super Dakę
October 17, 2015, 20:24
A gift card works. Or, since you mentioned the stamp collection, maybe one of these "stamp collector" T-shirts? Most people won't have any idea what the tax stamp on the back means :) ...
http://nfashirts.com/

Abominog
October 17, 2015, 22:45
GP's gun cart would be awesome, though it will set you back a few big bills, and it's not correct for the 1919.

If he doesn't want ammo, it's because he has enough. Yes, some people have more than they will ever use.

Yep, get him a gift card for somewhere local and decent for dinner. But do it, don't let it go forgotten till too late. Do it this week.

Bubacus
October 18, 2015, 11:27
If dinner doesn't work out....pick him up some links or maybe a few 200 round cloth belts.

Artful
October 18, 2015, 14:29
Has he got a belt loader?

fnogger
October 18, 2015, 15:46
Has he got a belt loader?

Yup. And a low-to-the-ground tripod mount for it. And a few thousand links... And 11 or 12 barrels and ...

I know he had to stop drinking due to health issues... hrm... he has a '68 Camaro he's been restoring for years... I have a collection of car magazines covering '68 ... maybe I should just pull together everything I can find related to a '68 Camero... Road & Track, Car & Driver, etc.

Bubacus
October 18, 2015, 17:29
Does he have a spade grip setup? These look interesting:

http://www.projectguns.com/spadekit.html

thunderchicken
November 05, 2015, 12:19
People don't do nice things to make you happy they do nice things to make themselves feel good. Smiles on your faces were reward enough for him I'm sure.

SAFN49
November 05, 2015, 23:55
People don't do nice things to make you happy they do nice things to make themselves feel good. Smiles on your faces were reward enough for him I'm sure.

The only problem is no one else but the do gooder recognizes that anymore.

I would rather teach a person to hunt, or shoot, than actually do it myself anymore.

It is all about instilling self confidence in the next generation.