PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 10/22 at war!?

Jaxxas
October 06, 2015, 23:15
Who knew?

http://www.rugertalk.com/The-plinker-went-to-war-The-IDFs-Ruger-10-22-Ruger-Talk.html

Picked this up from JWR's site, interesting article! Maybe RNS wasn't so crazy after all! :wink:

SAFN49
October 06, 2015, 23:40
:facepalm:

gates
October 07, 2015, 00:23
Definitions of "WAR" aside... you know who would have sprouted an absolute woody over this, replete with "I TOLD YOU SO'S"... "assault wheelbarrow boy" - you oldsters know who I'm talking about:)

W.E.G.
October 07, 2015, 07:20
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/trivia/gunkid_zps1uvbescb.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/trivia/gunkid1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/trivia/gunkid2.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/trivia/gunkid3.jpg

Nuttz
October 07, 2015, 07:36
Redacted as directed :whistling:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/17/f8/ce/17f8ce089dfb2a11a66bf3c8fade5316.jpg

W.E.G.
October 07, 2015, 07:50
Lets not turn this into an RNS thread.

I'm not kidding.

yellowhand
October 07, 2015, 10:55
To understand the use of a 10/22 silenced rifle inside Israel, you got to understand our faith.

When you have 200 teens throwing rocks at people, you have choices.

You can simply kill them outright.

Or you can take out the "leaders" with a .22 round to the knee or ass.

Both get to the exact same desired end result, the rocks stop flying.

If Israel were to use the standards of the allies in WWII, GAZA would no longer exist, would take about ten days and nothing would be left alive to ever again cause death to Israeli citizens.

IT might come to that one day, but our faith dictates the way we wage war.

We're not placed upon this earth to kill everything that moves without trying all other measures first.

yellowhand
October 07, 2015, 11:04
And for the record, I'm an American, southern born, raised at Fort Bragg, came of age in a land far, far away and I'd wage WWII standards on any bastard(s) causing harm to my people, which includes everyone reading this, without hesitation or remorse of any kind.

Which has caused some conflict between I and my Rabbi and one I'm willing to take up one day with the all mighty.

Sherman was correct, if you're going to fight a war, make it total war so that you don't have to come back later and finish the job or leave it to the unborn to clean up the shit you left behind.

Nuttz
October 07, 2015, 11:05
..We're not placed upon this earth to kill everything that moves...
That is what Marines are for! :D

SAFN49
October 07, 2015, 12:48
And for the record, I'm an American, southern born, raised at Fort Bragg, came of age in a land far, far away and I'd wage WWII standards on any bastard(s) causing harm to my people, which includes everyone reading this, without hesitation or remorse of any kind.

Which has caused some conflict between I and my Rabbi and one I'm willing to take up one day with the all mighty.

Sherman was correct, if you're going to fight a war, make it total war so that you don't have to come back later and finish the job or leave it to the unborn to clean up the shit you left behind.

I am surprised. An oft-quoted rabbinic legal dictum, "Im ba l'hargekha, hashkem l'hargo," "If someone comes to kill you, rise up and kill him (first)."

D P Six
October 07, 2015, 18:40

It is interesting that someone 'southern born' would admire the total war tactics of W T Sherman. The problem with total war is it is likely to result in all humanity being turned into a glow in the dark charcoal briquettes.

Trypcil
October 07, 2015, 20:14
It makes you wonder if those .22 Lee Enfield's really were just trainers?

yellowhand
October 07, 2015, 21:01
It is interesting that someone 'southern born' would admire the total war tactics of W T Sherman. The problem with total war is it is likely to result in all humanity being turned into a glow in the dark charcoal briquettes.

Taken to it's extreme, yes.

Politicians command the use of nukes, soldiers fight land wars.

Sherman was a damn fine soldier and commander.

He set out to break the back of "his enemy" and put an early stop to the war.

Sherman practice in the 1860's what was later practiced by a fellow named Truman when he ordered the dropping of nukes upon the heads of the Japs.

Truman "saved" millions of American wounded and dead and also millions of Japs from being killed/wounded, by the ongoing war, which would have happened had we had to invade the Jap mainland with ground troops.

Germany started two wars, resulting in the deaths of millions.
1st one ended by peace treaty and restarted 20 years or so later with another 50 million killed.
2nd one ended after the allies destroyed anything and everything that moved and wiped out so many 16 to 40 year old males, those that fight wars, it took 5 or 6 decades to rebuild the population back up to normal levels.

Last time I checked, Germany does not want to go to war with anyone today, being on the receiving end of total war does that to normal people.

I love peace, been in a few wars, and if you decide to go to war, practice total war.

Someone once commented, if you go and fight a war, make sure you kill everything and everyone or the survivors and their descendants will follow you home and cut your throat.

That might be somewhat extreme, depends on the situation at hand.

moonbat60
October 08, 2015, 00:48
Gen. Sherman nowadays would have a short-lived career in the armed forces, as nowadays political leaders are mostly about political correctness, psychobabble and not losing a war instead of winning one.

If you wage a war half-hearted, you can already count yourself in on the losing side.

I'm pretty sure that if we would have hired some Israeli generals, the war with ISIS would already be over, Afg. maybe too, and the war in Iraq would have been over while Bush was still in office.

We need to take the political factor out of fighting wars, and let the generals handle their business.

Using .22s to shoot at rock throwing youths is in my book a good idea, which could have been used by LE also in Baltimore and Ferguson on rioters and looters.

BiGB808
October 11, 2015, 00:05
that would of been a hoot in fergestan

Need one of those gatlin 10/22 all with integral suppress barrels: )

ALL FAL
October 11, 2015, 14:03
Hahaha, you BATFE COPSUCKERS just want to spray lead at any Ol target, human or other wise.
Very glad I am not one of the stamp collecting clan. BIG FINGER TO YA'S.!!

SAFN49
October 11, 2015, 21:36
that would of been a hoot in fergestan

Need one of those gatlin 10/22 all with integral suppress barrels: )

The integrally suppressed 10/22's are pretty accurate out to 200 yards, depending upon who made it. Just sayin :wink:

JAB75
October 15, 2015, 15:10
The NAZI Germany gun control act of 1938, signed by Hitler, specifically banned .22lr hollow point ammunition...they were afraid of what the persecuted would do with cheap, effective, ammunition.

Good on the Izzys!

-JAB75

gates
October 16, 2015, 16:33
ALL - nothing wrong with stamps brother - they keep you out of jail, we don't have to like or agree with the laws but you DO have to abide if you want the fun stuff... or lobby to change the laws...

Go "cowboy" and and take your chances if you want, I have better uses of $100k and 10 years of my life... just sayin...

Jarhead504
October 19, 2015, 21:43
To understand the use of a 10/22 silenced rifle inside Israel, you got to understand our faith.

When you have 200 teens throwing rocks at people, you have choices.

You can simply kill them outright.

Or you can take out the "leaders" with a .22 round to the knee or ass.

Both get to the exact same desired end result, the rocks stop flying.

I've read that the Israeli soldiers try to shoot the ones of which you spoke in the groin. I suppose a knee or ass shot works wonders for morale also.

Allah Snackbar!

Jarhead

yellowhand
October 19, 2015, 21:51
I've read that the Israeli soldiers try to shoot the ones of which you spoke in the groin. I suppose a knee or ass shot works wonders for morale also.

Allah Snackbar!

Jarhead

GI's are the same all over the world, they have their orders and sometimes mistakes happen!:biggrin: