View Full Version : What am I looking at?

October 02, 2015, 08:19
2nd Gen 17 left, 2nd Gen 19 right.
Different spring? Upgrade? Or is it supposed to be different in a 19? I have no clue but my 1st Gen 17L is the same as the one on the left.

October 02, 2015, 09:53
Bill, the coil spring was the original trigger spring. The plastic ones are called the New York Triggers 1 and 2. The NY triggers were originally designed to mimic the S&W revolver's double action pull so the changeover by NYPD would be minimal. Now they are used to give consistent trigger pulls throughout the stroke distance.

October 02, 2015, 10:28
Seems to make the trigger pull much heavier than my other two for sure. I guess I can retrofit in the original setup?

October 03, 2015, 10:43
They are all the original set up, just the option that pistol came with. The Glocks can be adjusted to many variables by mixing and matching components in the fire control system. Here is a basic read on what you can do to get where you want for your pistols.

October 03, 2015, 10:56

Take all the Buck Rogers shit off your Glock.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJkSQgz7828" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

October 05, 2015, 14:40
Actually a NY-1 spring and a '-' (minus) connector makes for a good trigger.
Still @5-6lbs but with a firmer reset and no questionable aftermarket parts.

The real bonus besides the quicker and more positive (tactile) reset is the combination doesn't break unlike the little coil spring or ejector housing.

Were I equipping another PD with Glocks, everyone would be set up with this combination.

You can guess what I run in my daily carry G23.