PDA

View Full Version : High Standard Model GE anybody know much about this?

nearmisses
September 18, 2015, 13:18
I got this from my 91 year old neighbor and don't know much about it. I have it on Gunbroker and someone there told me it's the wrong barrel for the serial number range, 3224XX. Does anyone on here remember or know a bunch about it? Also somebody wanted me to send it on their C&R and says it only goes back 50 years now instead of what it was years back when I was up on these matters, it was 1898 then! I said NO. Enlighten me,
Thanks!

Artful
September 18, 2015, 18:01
Lots of info here:

http://www.highstandard.info/datapublic/serial/pserialno.html

http://www.histandard.info/

John will even look up the S/N's for you and tell you when they were built and shipped.

Jarhead504
September 18, 2015, 23:56
Legend has it that special gummint agencies developed or had helped develop that High Standard pistol in order to have a 22 that would be easy to put a silencer on from its inception. If not the pistol in general, one or two of its specific models. This was WAAAAY before the interwebs was ever dreamed of, so it is not some other iinterweb story/rumor/bullshit.

Jarhead

BigBoy1
September 19, 2015, 05:05
The C&R FFL (03FFL) permits collectors to ship and receive firearms which where manufactured after 1898 and these firearms must be more than 50 years old. If you have a firearm produced in 1964, which came be verified from factory serial number data, then the gun can be shipped and received by 03FFL. However, the firearm was produced in 1966, which came be verified from factory serial number data, then the gun CAN NOT be shipped and received by 03FFL. There are some exceptions and they are listed in the BATF's C&R list which can be found on-line. Some modern firearms, of which only a very few were made, have been put on the C&R list

nearmisses
September 19, 2015, 11:42
The C&R FFL (03FFL) permits collectors to ship and receive firearms which where manufactured after 1898 and these firearms must be more than 50 years old. If you have a firearm produced in 1964, which came be verified from factory serial number data, then the gun can be shipped and received by 03FFL. However, the firearm was produced in 1966, which came be verified from factory serial number data, then the gun CAN NOT be shipped and received by 03FFL. There are some exceptions and they are listed in the BATF's C&R list which can be found on-line. Some modern firearms, of which only a very few were made, have been put on the C&R list

He sent me a copy of license, unsigned, and a copy of the pages in the ATF regs that shows the 50 year old deal you mentioned and also the Model High Std GE on the list and hilited so I guess I can ship to him should he win it.
Thanks for the help. It was manufactured in 1949 Thanks ARTFUL for the help there to! And the other info Jarhead504
I put it on Gunbroker for him last Thur and it will go off soon and at 480.00 for right now, could be interesting, Thanks for the help. if you want to look
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=508380331