PDA

View Full Version : What does a HK build run these days?

saigamantx
September 14, 2015, 00:42
I am looking at maybe picking up an FMP G3 kit and I am trying to figure out what it will run me to build it?

mp
September 14, 2015, 07:06
$500 ish

mp
September 14, 2015, 07:07
Cheaper to buy a PTR which is probably made with FMP parts.

gunplumber
September 14, 2015, 08:23
Unless you're looking for something specific and willing to pay for it, the PTR is the way to go.

Or a EBo or FMP G3/SAR8 would be the next step up - around $1400-$1600. And I've got a buddy with a real HK 91 for $2100 (I think that was the price on his table yesterday).

They are much more complicated builds than an a FAL.

saigamantx
September 14, 2015, 11:27
Unless you're looking for something specific and willing to pay for it, the PTR is the way to go.

Or a EBo or FMP G3/SAR8 would be the next step up - around $1400-$1600. And I've got a buddy with a real HK 91 for $2100 (I think that was the price on his table yesterday).

They are much more complicated builds than an a FAL.

It's a FMP kit with Rhodesian service so I'd like to have it built.

gunplumber
September 14, 2015, 12:51
Ok, I can do it if you want me to. Prices and options on website.

1/325/ABN
September 14, 2015, 22:03
Most cost $500.00 to build with prices rising when you start adding additions.

Questions to ask the builder when all inclusive price.
Part inspection to insure serviceability and compatibility of existing and new parts. Barrel inspected and check to insure fluting meets min requirements. head spacing to clients requirements. Clean - blasted - parked - painted. test fired and shipping with insurance.

Trigger job.
Ambi Selector Switch.
Buffer upgrade.
1913 pictinny Steel rail.
H&K 21 style charging handle

So much more when building a roller lock weapon.

LRRP7.62
September 17, 2015, 15:03
Most cost $500.00 to build with prices rising when you start adding additions.

Questions to ask the builder when all inclusive price.
Part inspection to insure serviceability and compatibility of existing and new parts. Barrel inspected and check to insure fluting meets min requirements. head spacing to clients requirements. Clean - blasted - parked - painted. test fired and shipping with insurance.

Trigger job.
Ambi Selector Switch.
Buffer upgrade.
1913 pictinny Steel rail.
H&K 21 style charging handle

Seeing how the OP has an FMP kit with Rhodesian service he won't need any of the options you listed. If he has gunplumber do the build the OP won't have to worry about the other details you mentioned above the list

srinde
October 10, 2015, 11:11
Definitely have a paddle mag release as part of the build.

K.O.A.M.
October 11, 2015, 13:01
+1 for GP's work. I have a FMP kit he assembled onto a PTR receiver for me that looked better than my original H&K 91.

seti51
October 26, 2015, 11:23
I have 2 complete kits for sale with receiver flats on gb.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=513920123

Take a look. If interested, buy one.

$650 with receiver flat, weld mount, new barrel, new trunion, original military trigger pack, STNAG type scope mount, etc. Everything to build one complete battle rifle in either select fire or semi auto, depending on state you live in and your local BATFE laws,