PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic PTR w/top rail. Anyone have one?

superjc
September 07, 2015, 02:24
The "Special Edition" with the wide black forearm and integrated rail. I've been thinking about getting one to have setup differently than my heavy DMR. Prices are rock bottom right now... I like knowing mine has a GERMAN trunnion, bolt group but I'm seeing them like new for $900 lately....

Anyone have experience with this one?
Properly cut chamber flutes so it cycles South African etc?

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ptr-91-a3r-308-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

Colorobo
September 07, 2015, 13:40
Have one love it H & K bipod mates right up. Had some bolt gap problems, called and received excellent customer service. Blue bolt with training ammo works fine highly recommend.

Eyeguy
September 07, 2015, 14:58
[QUOTE=Colorobo;4104983]Have one love it H & K bipod mates right up. Had some bolt gap problems, called and received excellent customer service.

Received excellent customer service from Atlantic Firearms or PTR. I purchased a railed bull barrel directly from PTR and had bolt gap issues. Had to return it for service but support was great. I've tried contacting Atlantic several times. Couldn't even get them to return a phone call.

LRRP7.62
September 07, 2015, 15:34
[QUOTE=Colorobo;4104983]Have one love it H & K bipod mates right up. Had some bolt gap problems, called and received excellent customer service.

Received excellent customer service from Atlantic Firearms or PTR. I purchased a railed bull barrel directly from PTR and had bolt gap issues. Had to return it for service but support was great. I've tried contacting Atlantic several times. Couldn't even get them to return a phone call.

Really, that's strange because Atlantic is known for excellent customer service.

superjc. All of the PTR rifles now have the proper chamber flutes and are reported to eat even junk ammo which is not recommended by PTR.

superjc
September 07, 2015, 16:21
Thanks if I pull the trigger on one of these deals I see (near new/pre-owned) I'll ask how recently they were purchased new.