PDA

View Full Version : American made AK

Libertyteeth
September 02, 2015, 21:50
Anyone have any experience with ANY of the new American made AK rifles? I am curious to see how they are doing from real world users

:headbang:

Panzer0621
September 03, 2015, 11:50
I've built a number of them from kits on US and original barrels, so when I got the chance to inspect a few US made ones from different manufactures, I wasn't impressed really. If you're looking at one from IO made in Florida, run. Don't walk, run. Low quality and dangerous rifles coupled with shit customer service. Next, Century Arms made ones. Nitrited barrels on their stamped and milled builds, that have been "Americanized". Again, I wasn't impressed with either. People who have shot them though said that they had good grouping, and no general problems. Except for the person who posted over on the AKFiles about theirs blowing up on them when it fired out of battery. In short, you might be happy with one if its just an occasional shooter, I however would never buy one.

rbgonoles
September 03, 2015, 12:05
I like my milled DDI. Great finish (fenocite) and just as acurate as my other AKs. DDI receiver, US barrel built on Bulgarian Kit. DDI's stamped AKs are built on Hungarian parts kits, DDI receiver and US barrel. Reviews seem positive.

Panzer0621
September 03, 2015, 13:32
I forgot about DDI actually. I've heard nothing but good about theirs. If I was to buy one, that would probably be it. Also they have Troy Sellers, a very well known AK smith in office.

Libertyteeth
September 03, 2015, 16:11
Yeah I stay well away from IO and only buy century when I get them for the price of a song... but I was wondering about these new 100% American guns... not just the kit guns that have been around forever. Century came out with one but now there are like 5 companies advertising them including Kalashnikov concern... so was just wondering

rbgonoles
September 03, 2015, 16:14
What companies are making 100% US made AKs? I can only think of Century. I think Kalashnikov is still using Russian SAIGA as a base.

Libertyteeth
September 03, 2015, 16:25
I could be wrong but I thought Kalashnikov concern opened a factory in usa and produced a line of 100% us made ak rifles a few months ago.

I read it on the intranets so it must be true right?:bspole:

Panzer0621
September 03, 2015, 16:38
Holy crap, don't get me started on those half assed abominations.

Libertyteeth
September 03, 2015, 16:40
oh please do start... I am looking for info from people who know more than I do...:rant:

rbgonoles
September 03, 2015, 17:38
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/07/03/kalashnikov-usa-products-released/

Buy at your own risk. I'll stick to former com-bloc AKs and the occaisionally parts kit build.

Libertyteeth
September 03, 2015, 17:40
doubt I will be buying anytime soon anyway... broke as a joke and would rather build my own anyway... ( want to learn)

MattyLight30
September 06, 2015, 15:43
Buy foreign Kalashnikovs, made in former communist factories. WASRs, Saigas, N/O PAPs, pick your poison.

c0wb0y84
October 04, 2015, 18:27
I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned the PSAK-47 that Palmetto State Armory started building. I've been eyeing the barreled receiver with matched bolt on sale now for $260.

DrNRA
October 04, 2015, 19:16
Rumor has it these 'American-Made' AKs (I.O., PSA, Century) are actually casted (not milled) in South Korea then imported to the U.S. and finished. I guess that's why none of these companies are offering tours of all the hard working Americans forging the 'milled' receivers, trunnions, and bolts.

I think DDI has basically industrialized what is essentially a home-build by using American made barrels, stamped receivers, 922r parts, and foreign kits. It's the trunnions, bolt carrier, and bolt that are the hard part to make in the U.S. because they require forging, milling, and large communist industrial factories.

pre1989
October 05, 2015, 23:00
All are crap .. That help?

IO is well bad and very bad and ...

For how much Century wants for what they are selling .. Well the c39v2 is nice for a neurtered gun

DDI is about the only ones I think did ok

But why when you can buy a nice import will you still can..

CTW
October 18, 2015, 20:45
Century's American made Ak's are having problems with soft bolts and carriers. No thanks..