PDA

View Full Version : Art Banks,It looks like Bula Forge is it...

Jarhead504
August 30, 2015, 20:57
I couldn't find 7.62 Firearms on the web and I read that it looks like they are out of business. Is this true? They were making M-14 pats also, yes?

I realize this was old interweb postings but it is a shame if they are. Some of the posts were saying that "in the beginning" Bula Forge and 7.62, James River and Rockola had some business relations. From your posts, it looks like Bula Forge is THE place. They were also saying that LRB, at least in the beginning, wold not honor any warranty if another gunsmith other than themselves assembled a rifle on their receiver.

Your information is helpful and noticed.

Thanks,
Jarhead504

Grinder
August 30, 2015, 22:22
Do NOT deal with 7.62 !!
I have a defective receiver of theirs and they will not honor/deal with it.

ArtBanks
August 31, 2015, 05:20
I don't know what 7.62 is up to these days. I did stop by his shop a couple of years ago on my way home from Camp Perry. It appeared at the time the guy was trying to do something that was beyond his abilities, but trying his best.
Bula Forge had produced his receivers and had a spat over what was done with them and or getting paid. James River had used some 7.62 receivers until they had problems with 7.62. Then for a short time James River used LRB receivers. Finally James River and Bula got their heads together, made some important changes and better quality control and they are off to the races.
I would have no qualms at all using either James River Armory or LRB receivers for builds. I don't think any manufacturer can make good on a receiver that an individual bubbas up trying to do a build. The whining about the LRB warrantee was done mainly by one of the premier builders when he was trying to promote the 7.62 receivers.

Semper Fi
Art