PDA

View Full Version : Magic transfer speed increase?

Marknct
August 23, 2015, 10:15
If you happen to have followed the "ATF wait time" part of the Silencershop website you might have noticed this. Up until a few months ago the Individual F4 transfer time was the normal 8-12 months or so. With some sort of magic they now run faster than trust or corporate.
Approvals received 8/22
F4 Trust 3/9-4/24
F4 Corp 3/3-4/7
F4 Individual 4/27 - 6/18

K. Funk
August 23, 2015, 16:06
I have been hearing some reports of sub-30 day F4 individual transfer times.

krf

ncjeeper
August 23, 2015, 17:08
Yeah my recent form 4 with the sheriff sign off took only 3 months.

357ross
August 23, 2015, 19:10
Why would this be? Have they hired more staff to handle the workload or is it just fewer applications coming in?

Marknct
August 23, 2015, 19:46
My guess would be orders from above to move them along prior to a new "rules" change. Remember a year or so ago when they tried the lie of criminals without background checks getting items thru trusts and corporations? Asked for an example they really couldn't find the huge numbers claimed. The main complaints were CLEO sign off and the insane wait for individual apps. Normally they claimed your form was hostage to BATF returning fingerprint cards which took months.
So we either have a much more efficient bureaucracy or laying groundwork.

partisan50
August 29, 2015, 12:06
I agree with Mark, something is up before the rules change.

I am just over four and a half months for a LLC/Corp transfer which should take less than an individual transfer. 2004-07 my corp transfers were taking twenty one to twenty seven days door to door and even after that time they were always less time. All they have to do is verify the NFA item and verify that the corp is in good standing.

So apparently they are slowing down Trust/Corp and speeding up the individual forms to show no need for people to go entity.

01BIRDDOG
August 29, 2015, 16:06
At my age SPEED is important on a Form 4. This was what i was seeing say five years ago.......Aprox. 40 days or so but there was a time long ago ( 20 years ) that it was also 9/12 months. Just hope it keeps on this time frame.

L Haney
August 29, 2015, 16:20
So apparently they are slowing down Trust/Corp and speeding up the individual forms to show no need for people to go entity.

There are other advantages to trusts. I am a member of three now. The weapons are actually the smaller part.

Does require a level of 'trust', but that ain't lacking in these cases. I realize the circumstances are unusual and would frighten some folks.

We live in unusual times.

I find the legal term 'Trust' especially fitting. They are also not well known among the general population.

Elkaholic
September 03, 2015, 01:23
I'll Play :D

I mailed (3) form ones today, Dropped off at the post office ;) 9-2-15

These are on a trust

Elkaholic
September 14, 2015, 19:33
Check cashed 9-9-15

ALL FAL
September 17, 2015, 20:20
There are other advantages to trusts. I am a member of three now. The weapons are actually the smaller part.

Does require a level of 'trust', but that ain't lacking in these cases. I realize the circumstances are unusual and would frighten some folks.

I find the legal term 'Trust' especially fitting. They are also not well known among the general population.

Trust, becoming a Myth these days and how can ANY of you guys "Trust" the BATFE?????

Life Member
September 20, 2015, 11:19
My guess would be orders from above to move them along prior to a new "rules" change. Remember a year or so ago when they tried the lie of criminals without background checks getting items thru trusts and corporations? Asked for an example they really couldn't find the huge numbers claimed. The main complaints were CLEO sign off and the insane wait for individual apps. Normally they claimed your form was hostage to BATF returning fingerprint cards which took months.
So we either have a much more efficient bureaucracy or laying groundwork.

What's the short on this change? Will it make it more difficult to buy a machine gun?

ncjeeper
September 26, 2015, 01:51
Form 4 LEO signed off mailed 7-16-15. Approved 8-26-15. Received back from ATF 9-25-15.

partisan50
September 26, 2015, 08:22

You either missed my point or you are new to the whole NFA thing.

Trust and LLC/Corp transfers were always faster than individual. So guys would go all over the net trying to find out which examiner had the fastest transfers and what letters of the alphabet did they do the transfers for. Because back then examiners did transfers by the first letter of the name, now it's supposedly by state.

This was a bigger reason why guys were going Trust over individual and not so much for not being able to get a CLEO sign off, the second reason for going Trust.

What's the short on this change? Will it make it more difficult to buy a machine gun?

Why are you asking if it will make it harder to buy a MG? Is that the only NFA that you are concerned about?

If the 41P goes through it will affect ALL NFA firearms since they are all treated the same by the ATF. All entities will be required to compete an extra From stating all members of the entity and all will have to get a CLEO sign off. The Form is already available in draft from.

L Haney
September 26, 2015, 11:37
You either missed my point or you are new to the whole NFA thing.

My first Form 4 was 1981.

BamaFal
September 27, 2015, 12:15
Just received my first form 4 trust purchase Pending 6/1/15 picked up 9/21/15. It is lot like FAL/Black Rifle syndrome, can't just have one.

For those of us that suffer through a Sheriff that refuses to sign, unless of course you are special, Trust is the way. It is legal to hunt with here, just politics.

It was explained to me that some BATFE personnel are moved to focus on the various approval operations to work down the waiting time for that phase/document processing. Then allocated again to focus on a different backlog of document work.

Bawana jim
September 29, 2015, 20:34
Last form 4 I waited a year so I haven't bought anything since then. They lose money when the wait times are outrageous because buyers won't put up money for those long waits. Don't know how many times buyers said no way they would wait that long while looking at the class three my buddy was selling.