PDA

View Full Version : Followed Me Home

hueyville
August 21, 2015, 16:24
This poor little Taurus Tracker has been in the case at LGS for over two months just calling to me but having Raging Hornet already didn't see need to add to my collection of the Taurus guns up through the 454 Raging Bull. Finally could not let it sit especially at price offered. So now have the one gun in their line of odd ball offerings was missing from collection.

http://i57.tinypic.com/4jweao.jpg

mutter
August 21, 2015, 16:37
Nice looking wheel gun. I've always loved the look and feel of wheel guns as opposed to autos.

Looks a little bit heavy for a 22 mag though, but I bet it'll give excellent repeated shots with out any rise.

Not to be a wise aleck, but what is that aiming device on top? is it a scope or a red dot or a combination or what?

Thanks
mutter

hueyville
August 21, 2015, 20:06
It's a BSA 1x red dot. It is going to get pulled off pretty quickly as does not make sense. If mount fits one of my two Raging Hornets been wanting to scope one at about 4x or a little more since have two and then be able to choose from irons or scope just by choosing which I pick up. Believe glass on the Hornet will give me more range without worrying about missing smaller targets past 75 to 100 yards.

Never saw need for a 22 magnum when have the two 22 Hornets. Actually believe this sat more than three months at LGS and after 90 days on a used gun they get highly motivated to clear counter space. Have enough 22 mag to feed it for a while. Before pull mount probably stick a scope in the rings just to aid in determining ammo it likes best and real accuracy potential. The BSA red dot has to go. Friends don't let friends buy BSA. Bet can trade it to someone for their railed up AR pretty easy.

The gun is 7 shot instead of 8 shot like my Hornets but it's much less bulky. If shoots half way as well as some of my other Taurus guns may make a good little varmint shooter than can afford to beat up as cheap as am in it.

hueyville
August 22, 2015, 16:55
Best could shoot today with the Prednisone and caffeine shakes. Used the BSA red dot that came on it just to see how shot. Will swap it out for scope and shoot from rest so able to see what little pistol is capable of then going to strip it down to its iron sights. It shot magnum and long rifle about the same but when ran some shorts through it they didn't seem to like the long road from the rear of a magnum chamber to the forcing cone but did shoot adequately considering. All groups fired two hands unsupported from 40 feet instead of 50 as shop is cluttered up and wasn't worth moving stuff around for 10 more feet.

21 rounds of 22 magnum.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qa61yx.jpg

7 rounds of 22 LR.

http://i61.tinypic.com/se3adg.jpg

10 rounds of 22 short.

http://i57.tinypic.com/54ypz7.jpg

hueyville
August 22, 2015, 18:49
Nice looking wheel gun. I've always loved the look and feel of wheel guns as opposed to autos.

Looks a little bit heavy for a 22 mag though, but I bet it'll give excellent repeated shots with out any rise.

Not to be a wise aleck, but what is that aiming device on top? is it a scope or a red dot or a combination or what?

Thanks
mutter

BTW, gun is heavy but such is the way with all Taurus guns in this pattern. Purchased a Raging Bull in 454 Casull Mag the minute it hit dealers case as have an affinity for large wheel guns. Have several Dan Wesson swap barrels in 357 and 44 magnum. Only a 357 with full and complete pistol pac. Still trying to put together complete 44 kit but missing a few tidbits. Between Rugers, Smiths and Colts way too heavy into wheel guns but something about a slick wheel gun is hard to not appreciate.

The Raging Bull was my first Taurus in the day when you bought Smith & Wesson, Colt or Ruger. The Raging Bull was such a blast began collecting other models. Have two Raging Hornets and the 44 mag. The 454 is big enough horse haven't seen need for the .480 or .500. Would like to add the 41 magnum and 223 models but the Raging Judge and the 218 don't excite me a lot either.

The little 22 Magnum appeared at my LGS over three months ago they told me today when stopped in for some AR parts. Kept trying to avoid it and never picked up as afraid would be hooked minute felt the squishy grips and hefty meat. It sat, sat and sat with nobody showing any interest. Thursday was eyeballing and they threw a price at me that was a take immediately offer but walked out to think it through to try and talk myself out of it. Yesterday when my driver (thank God able to drop the pain meds today and drive myself) wanted to stop on way by could not let it sit another day.

Today ran enough rounds through it to get good feel. For standard velocity long rifles it requires supporting it as recoil doesn't even lift it. CCI Stingers perk it up but when load with magnums it is almost a perfect balance. It has a tad of recoil but just enough to be a bit snappy when shooting. At 40 feet it was easy to hold most all groups under 3" and many hovered around 2" and assume the 50 foot line won't open up much more. This is actually the only 22 Magnum handgun can actually say totally enjoy shooting, the ergonomics and accuracy. Will be interesting to see how feels when drop the weight of optics and mount.