PDA

View Full Version : Receiver for CETME L?

Ghost
August 18, 2015, 20:51
I was wondering if any one here had any word on if there was a receiver for the CETME L kits yet, or if there was one in the works any where?

I'm seriously tempted to pick one up.

mp
August 19, 2015, 02:17
Prexis makes a flat and a bending jig. Several are up and running.

VALMET
August 19, 2015, 08:06
Hill & Mac Gunworks in Georgia is supposedly making a run of 100 of the rifles, not sure if they're going to market receivers to ppl with the kits?

Ghost
August 19, 2015, 18:32
After reading this review: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/product-review-cetme-l-flat-by-prexis/
I don't think I'll be ordering from Prexis. Might wait and see what happens.

Any thing else interesting out there, I'm itching for something.

Bubacus
August 19, 2015, 19:37
I hate to say this, but I'll be waiting to see how the first run of folks guns turn out before jumping in the mix of getting a flat to bend. I'm assuming the angry beavers at Century haven't attempted this project yet because there are many .223 guns out there that are easier to make.

tac-40
August 20, 2015, 12:03
I have one of the APEX kits and an order for the Gen 2 Flat from Prexis. My latest issue of SGN SARCO advert had the kits listed in 2 grades and the ad stated that barrels and flats would be available soon. APEX currently has new US barrels in stock.

The issues with the 1<sup>st</sup> Gen flats have been discussed and identified. The flats were reverse engineered using pictures and remnants of the receivers. One of the big issues was the angle of the mag well. The original flats had it almost perpendicular to the rails when is should have been canted forward about 3 to aid in feeding. The flats also incorporated the welding fixture used by PRAXIS to make the receiver a semi only and not allow the use of an unmodified full auto trigger group. You know that silly little ATF rule we have to follow.

Once I get mine and start the build I will document it here for others to learn and see the trial (if any) I went through.

raubvogel
August 20, 2015, 20:31
APEX currently has new US barrels in stock.

Really? I only found out CETME C, not CETME L barrels. I must have missed something... again

seasmoke
August 21, 2015, 06:36
http://www.apexgunparts.com/catalog/product/view/id/5613/s/cetme-model-l-barrel-fluted-chamber-5-56-223-new-us-made-922-r-part/category/60/

Ghost
August 21, 2015, 23:02
Looks like I'll be getting a Brit L1A1 kit to scratch my itch.
Maybe later after there is a good receiver I'll pick up a CETME.

tac-40
August 22, 2015, 02:03
I have regretted not buying prime kits when the price was reasonable and so I jumped on this one when all of the parts need showed up. Had to piece together my BREN kit, same for my G3 kit. FAL's and AK's were the only kits I purchased when the prices were low. Still have an FWRA $89 Dan's Grade 3 Rhodie kit hidden away. And the type 2 receiver to go with it.

So the CETME L will be my next project. Based on some fellow's comments that actually used the rifles, they were a POS and had all sorts of troubles. The perfect project in my book. Take a piece of crap and make look and smell good.:biggrin:

raubvogel
August 23, 2015, 19:51
http://www.apexgunparts.com/catalog/product/view/id/5613/s/cetme-model-l-barrel-fluted-chamber-5-56-223-new-us-made-922-r-part/category/60/

Thanks! I feel enlightened! :bow:

So the CETME L will be my next project. Based on some fellow's comments that actually used the rifles, they were a POS and had all sorts of troubles. The perfect project in my book. Take a piece of crap and make look and smell good.:biggrin:

Mythbusters proved you can polish them