View Full Version : opinions wanted re: folder on cruiser 500

August 18, 2015, 07:00
I'm not particularly fond of PG only shotty; but need the compactness for stowage and IA drill.
Soliciting advice on type, ease of use, comfort ( both positions) and installation. Haven't really even looked at anything the last decade or so, so recent RW exp. desired.

August 18, 2015, 07:30
No recent experience, but every folding stock I've seen has an incredibly narrow butt - which means the recoil is much more felt, since it is happening on a smaller part of your shoulder.

If shortness is important, I'd look at one of the non-NFA versions (short barrel but 26"+ OAL) or pay the tax stamp ...

August 19, 2015, 00:54
I don't care for pistol grips on any shottys with tang safetys, too difficult to manipulate.

Sorry, no input on folder except I had a Choate on a 500 and hated it.

August 19, 2015, 08:33
I'm interested too. I need one. I find it hard to believe nobody makes a simple metal folder that doesnt look/feel shitty for one, something along the lines of a galil would be awesome, and it'd look like it belongs IMHOP

August 19, 2015, 17:20
I thought the Knoxx CopStock looked pretty good. It's a top fold metal with a recoil reducer.

August 19, 2015, 17:25
tried folding stocks on Remington 870
Top folder was a Dentist's friend - don't recomment
Choate Side Folder is better but also not real comfortable.
Shot one of the M-4 AR style collapsing stocks on a friends
and that was the best solution to date that I have tried.

I think it was this outfit's he had used

they make both 870 and mossy 500 versions

Noodles McGee
September 10, 2015, 15:24
I tried the Butler creek folder and loved it till I shot it

For compact shotgun I gave up on folders

I found a fugly Winchester model 12. Took a saw to it. Cut it down to 20 in. Put a giant brass bead on it.

All model 12s are takedowns. Simple operations, easy to fix. Plus there are a few million in circulation.

You can find a collector but there are tons of funky old ones that need a purpose.

It breaks down into a package just a bit longer than a 10/22 takedown.

Also with the barrel cut back I still had a IC choke! Shoots fist sized groups of OO Flitecontrol buck at 25yds. But I have large fists so say 5-6 inches