View Full Version : which picatinny base for 10/22?

August 16, 2015, 19:55
Besides the trigger, getting a scope base is the last thing I need to get done on my 10/22 build. So far I have put a volquartsen carbon fiber barrel on it and tossed it in a boyds stock. I have a 2-7 leupy that will go on it, but I need to get a base for it. Any recommendations?

August 16, 2015, 21:45
Kidd makes a nice one that overhangs the receiver for a little flexibility:

Tactical Solutions also makes a nice base that you can get in a optional 15 MOA built in:

Volquarsen makes a few different ones, including one that mounts to the barrel (must be drilled and tapped):

Weigand Combat makes a couple of nice ones, including one with built in rings:

The last one is one that I've used on a couple of rifles, and that is the Power Custom. I like it because you can mount it to the receiver and it has two holes that line up on the barrel. Carefully drill and tap two holes, a little dab of release and epoxy under the barrel end of the scope mount, and it addresses what I feel is the weakness of the 10/22, which is barrel/receiver flex.

August 17, 2015, 17:13
I got one of these for my girlfriends rifle off ebay.

August 18, 2015, 07:30
Nothing wrong with the factory supplied version. I only go aftermarket if I need more MOA for long distance shooting...

August 18, 2015, 09:00
Something to consider is that some bases are 4.7" which places them even with the front of the Receiver, while others are 5", 5 1/2" or longer like the EGW at 6 1/2" in 0 or 20 MOA.

Depending on scope eye relief and how you hold the rifle, a longer base to set the scope forward may be needed. Volquartson has an extended model that is 7" if you put some big glass on.

Note that some of the recommendations above are "Weaver" type slots, not Picatinny like Shortround's Power Custom, if that may be an issue.

On my last 10 22 I bought a Weaver 11 slot base and a pair of their 4-hole Tactical rings. Very happy with this set up, but it's for a small scope or Red Dot sight.

For the 10/22 LVT I bought a Picatinny base that extends past the Receiver for a bigger scope. It comes in three heights and I bought the low one.