PDA

View Full Version : glock forced failure video.

nyalaman
August 14, 2015, 14:34
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/08/13/video-many-rounds-take-melt-glock/

Sagerider
August 14, 2015, 16:08
Very interesting torture test. Thanks for posting this video. :)

L Haney
August 14, 2015, 16:47
We rednecks have been doing things like that for decades. Usually involves laying a brick on the gas pedal, opening the hood, and drinking beer til the parts fly out.

Thorack
August 14, 2015, 22:12
Hmmm,

So UV light is more destructive to a glock lower than 1200 rds, wow. Wish they would come with better triggers, ie less plasticy.

Thorack

Blue Monster
August 14, 2015, 23:18
We rednecks have been doing things like that for decades. Usually involves laying a brick on the gas pedal, opening the hood, and drinking beer til the parts fly out.

I resemble that remark, 20 years ago (ish) we tried it on an early Acura 1.8 mill, after a case of Leinenkugel's Red we pulled the oil plug, fricking thing ran for another 4 hours, seriously! Then it just... BOOM, utterly locked solid and steamed :bow: if was coooool.
Those little Honda mills are the best darn little IC engines ever made, wish I'd called dibs on the block, would have made a good table, or anvil?

You know Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and Jose C. are, like, the best, man!
Especially after a hot noght in the Tikki Bar. :beer::beer::beer:

FYI: A night at the Opera is on TCM right, the second best Bros movie ever made.

4x401
August 15, 2015, 00:02
I resemble that remark, 20 years ago (ish) we tried it on an early Acura 1.8 mill, after a case of Leinenkugel's Red we pulled the oil plug, fricking thing ran for another 4 hours, seriously! Then it just... BOOM, utterly locked solid and steamed :bow: if was coooool.
Those little Honda mills are the best darn little IC engines ever made, wish I'd called dibs on the block, would have made a good table, or anvil?

You know Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and Jose C. are, like, the best, man!
Especially after a hot noght in the Tikki Bar. :beer::beer::beer:

FYI: A night at the Opera is on TCM right, the second best Bros movie ever made.

Okay, I can add to that...

I twisted wrenches at a wrecking yard in the late 80's. One morning our car buyer drug in a mid 70's Dodge Dart. Had a running slant 6, but the tranny was trash. It was a slow day so we decided to have some fun with it...Drained all the oil and coolant, fired it up, and put a rock on the gas pedal...

After 2 hrs. running @ an estimated 3 grand, the #5 piston seized and threw its rod through the side of the block.:headbang: I could literally put my fist through the hole. About 3 hours later, the rest of the rods seized on the crank and she went to sleep..:sad:

We used to have some fun demo derbys with stuff just heading for the scraper.. I would be hard pressed to estimate the number of times I've been upside-down in a vehicle.:rofl:

nyalaman
August 21, 2015, 16:41
WOW, 4x401. very cool.