PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Mate Suppressors. Any Experience?

D. Short
August 13, 2015, 14:02
I am a newb as far as suppressors go, but have been doing some research and looking to suppress my 300 Blackout rifle. Ran across the Rifle Mate 7.62 unit, and the price was low ($225.00). The design and materials looked comparable to other makers, but I could not find anything online as far as reviews and/or comparisons. Any help on getting information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CG&L
August 13, 2015, 15:16
It would be really tough to build a suppressor for that price, there has to be more to it.

I looked up the specs, it says 304 can with 316 modified K-baffles
The better suppressor builders will use 718 Inconel for the blast baffle. Some are starting to use Stellite for the blast baffle.

The K baffle thing is kind of a surprise. Most rifle cans use 60 deg cones

My AAC can uses cones with the blast baffle being 718 Inconel. The SilencerCo can I have on the way has cones with a Stellite blast baffle.

CG&L
August 13, 2015, 15:20
Is your 300 BlK going to be an SBR.
Are you going to be shooting subsonic?

If you're going to be shooting super sonic out of an SBR, it might be best to get a better can

D. Short
August 13, 2015, 20:22
CG&L,
Thanks for the great insights! I am at that point that I just know enough to be dangerous!? At this point, am not going to go the SBR route. Will also be shooting primarily subsonic....but would definitely want to do some supersonic also. At that price point, I just felt there had to be something missing/wrong. Thanks again!

Tuhlmann
August 15, 2015, 17:36
Suppressors are more or less a lifetime purchase, so keep that in mind when you are counting your pennies.

L Haney
August 15, 2015, 17:59
I looked up the specs, it says 304 can with 316 modified K-baffles
The better suppressor builders will use 718 Inconel for the blast baffle. Some are starting to use Stellite for the blast baffle.

If you need a can for sustained full auto fire that just might make a difference.

Maybe. If you have a belt fed.

Otherwise it's just marketing.

BigBoy1
August 18, 2015, 07:01
As with anything, you get what you pay for. Buy an inexpensive suppressor and you get s cheap can. In my estimation, buy a better quality suppressor and it will last a life time instead of replacing the cheap can every few years.