View Full Version : Ruger SR22

August 12, 2015, 20:17
So friend bought a Ruger SR22 - we dumped 100 rounds or so thru it this morning with suppressor mounted - I was impressed for a new out of box pistol it fired all ammo types tried with minimal issues (CCI Quiet ejected but failed to feed new round and it didn't like Russian Steel cased Junior ammo but most semi-auto's don't) - I'll keep you guys updated as he breaks it in. :whiskey:

August 13, 2015, 11:06
Art- please keep us updated. I've never had any luck with Ruger semi-auto 22s (Mk I, and two 10/22s) and I've come close to picking up the SR22 as its so affordable but have always backed off. I've heard largely positive reviews- anxious to hear how it does as you break it in. Thanks in advance.

August 13, 2015, 11:15
I have a sr22 pistol and it eats everything I have thrown at it.

I have about 3k rounds through mine.

August 13, 2015, 21:08
Mine works well with MiniMags and Centurian (I don't know if that stuff is still available) but will not always load a new round with anything else I have tried. It shoots pretty well, much better than my buddies but his feeds most anything.

August 14, 2015, 01:09
i purchased a pair of the SR 22's right before they fell off the Cali handgun roster

i found a new one for my mom and liked it so much when took it out for her to get used too, that i sold the cheaply built Walther P-22 i bought for her before we even shot it..

i got lucky and happened across a slightly used one at a friends pawn shop for $200,, snatched it up literally days before i would have no longer been able to dros it as an SSE gun..

Both have been pretty much flawless around 300 rounds thru the both of them and probly 100 rounds of less thru my used one before i bought it (guesstimate as it looked brand spanking /new very clean)

they just work..biggest problem is finding holsters for them as mom wants a laser on hers :O and most are non light mounted holsters that are out there for the SR 22..

Alien Gear makes an non light compatible IWB for it that i might pick up..

i just received a pair of their IWB newest gen "cloak tuck" holsters from their "2 for 1" deal they have going on..a right hand and left hand model for the M&P shields we have..

and ive got to say for the money they are extremely nice little holsters.

August 14, 2015, 01:30
I, also, have a SR-22...

To date, I have only fired some Winchester .22LR 40gr Dynapoint ammo through it (which is known to be slightly underpowered).

It has been flawless with that ammo, something that my Walther P-22 and other foreign small .22LR handguns (Astra Constable and Bersa M23, for example) are not flawless with, especially when the temperature drops.

The other .22LR pistols are flawless with full power HV .22LR ammo...

August 14, 2015, 16:41
I have over 500 hundred rounds (mostly cci mini mags) through two. One a threaded and one non.

Ergonomics are great.

One had issues chambering the 2nd round, but it seems to have cleared up.

The other one I have not had any issues.

For the money, I love mine.

I wouldn't use the slide release a lot. I've read it wears the groove out where it catches.