PDA

View Full Version : 870 loose trigger group?

VALMET
July 29, 2015, 21:46
Gentlemen,

I have a Remington 870 Police Mag shotgun (2000 mfg) and I've noticed that there is a slight wobble where the trigger group meets the walls of the receiver. Not enough to affect function at all but enough to be a pebble in my shoe. I popped the retaining pins out and when the trigger group is out, they fall freely right thru the holes in the rec. I've ordered a set if non-walk out ones from Mesa tactical and am hoping that will be the quick fix and won't have to drop $100+ on a new 870 trigger group (I'm not even sure I want a new trigger group from Freedom Group era Remington).

Anyone else ever notice a loose trigger group in their 870?

kotengu
July 29, 2015, 22:40
One other option is to install a side saddle which will replace the loose pins with screws you can loctite in place at whatever tension you want.

Gazz
August 01, 2015, 19:21
The two pins that hold in the trigger group are held in place by "D" springs in the trigger housing. They do not have to fit tightly in the receiver.
As far as the wobble goes I have no idea. I have never seen one that wobbles.

VALMET
August 02, 2015, 07:19
Well the non-walk out pins arrived yesterday and were promptly installed and that pretty much took care of the wobbly trigger group fortunately.

kotengu
August 02, 2015, 07:41
Good news, and thanks for closing the loop on this!