PDA

View Full Version : An old timer showed up....

davesrb
July 26, 2015, 19:12
So, here is another time being known as a "gun guy" pays off. One of my neighbors husband passed away a few months ago. She dropped by today and gave me a few old guns, including this one.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/11090191-4E3A-4AA2-A4AE-11F71DFEB7A2.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/BA1FE58D-C5B1-493A-892F-5431DE5F7DE6.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/B473E8C4-F896-42D8-9431-9126DD976951.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/6429DEE6-E3B4-4AF9-AB2B-2CA91B93362F.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/9E2DD098-391E-4988-AFB4-52D6516D254E.jpg~original

L Haney
July 26, 2015, 19:21
Oh.....My. I don't know what else to say.

ETA: On second thought, yes I do. Will you take 1500 for it? I'm not looking to re-sell it. It'll go to my grandson before long.

davesrb
July 26, 2015, 19:49
I'm no expert on these, but I'm thinking its pre 1917. Looks like its all original.....

L Haney
July 26, 2015, 19:53
I'm no expert on these, but I'm thinking its pre 1917. Looks like its all original.....

Neither am I. I just know that is an example from way back that John Moses did. It bears the scars of its passage through time.

That's enough.

davesrb
July 26, 2015, 20:00
Thanks for the offer, but right now I just want to find out about it. Honestly, If it has considerable value I will sell it and give her the money. She is not rich, and on a fixed budget. I know she gave it to me thinking I would like it, and I do. I do not think she had any idea it had much value.

SPEEDGUNNER
July 26, 2015, 20:10
Early 1911, manufactured in 1913. Grips look original. How is the barrel? How is it marked?

L Haney
July 26, 2015, 20:29
Honestly, If it has considerable value I will sell it and give her the money.

You sound like my friends. If you can beat my offer please do. If not, get back to me.

davesrb
July 26, 2015, 20:30
Early 1911, manufactured in 1913. Grips look original. How is the barrel? How is it marked?

Barrel looked ok at a quick glance. About what you would expect from the looks of the out side. I'll take it down tomorrow and get a few pictures.

VALMET
July 26, 2015, 22:21
That is very interesting. That gun has had one hell of a life by the looks of it. Any other interesting pieces in the lot? Thanks for sharing

Seven Click's Up
July 26, 2015, 23:16
If it could talk, I'd LOVE to hear what story's it has to tell......

1911Ron
July 27, 2015, 02:27
That gun has seen a lot of hard use that is for sure, thanks for sharing!

Illurian00
July 27, 2015, 03:38
Lucky boy.

teddybear
July 27, 2015, 10:24
I love seein the old timers. Thanks for sharing.

MAINER
July 27, 2015, 10:45
That thing REEKs of Bellow Wood, Chateau Thierry, Meuse-Argonne , and the Marne. It looks likely it was drug thru at least a couple of them. Now that's what you call "patina"! :love:

I would try to find any military info I could about the former neighbor's father or grandfather. He may have served in the AEF. Any info tying him to that 1911 in service during WWI would add quite a bit to its value both historically and monetarily.

Story
July 27, 2015, 12:28
That is the perfect 1911 - every scar, every mile, every round, every day spent in the field visible. Even the worn and mismatched grips are perfect.

So much Mojo, it practically radiates through the screen.

1912-1913, according to this database
http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

croftonaviation
July 27, 2015, 15:20
Awesome 1911, and good for you for selling it and giving her the money.

DJ
July 27, 2015, 15:34
Oh Wow!!! What a beautiful old gun!
Like Seven Clicks said, if that thing could talk, the stories it could tell!
Thanks for sharing!

genmeagher
July 27, 2015, 21:47
Just....wow.

Thanks for sharing.

CivyBlue
July 27, 2015, 21:58
:bow:

easttex
July 27, 2015, 22:46
Nice!

davesrb
July 29, 2015, 22:39
Well, I have pieced together the start of this gun's history. I got a chance to talk to the sweet lady who gave me the gun, as well as her late husbands sister. This gun was their grandfathers side arm. He was an office in the AEF, in the National Guards 42nd Rainbow Division. He shipped out in 1917 (maybe '18, they were unsure) and while wounded several times, he served until the Armistace. He brought the gun back with him and gave it to his son at some point. And the gun has passed down through the family until now. Sadly, they out lived their children and now have no one to pass it down to.
I told her that the gun does have significant value and that I would be happy to sell it for her, but she insists that she wants me to keep it and pass it down through my family in the hopes that " When you look at it and shoot it, you will remember Albert. That way, when I am long gone, my husband won't be forgotten on this earth." So there it is, it looks like it will take a spot of honor in my collection.

gates
July 29, 2015, 22:49
Good on you indeed - I was going to offer you $2000 for it, to give to her, doesn't sound like money is the issue, you must have done something more for them than being a "gun guy" to warrant such a gift. THAT pistol needs to be protected and passed down, sounds like it's in good hands.

davesrb
July 29, 2015, 23:01
They have lived next to my Grandparents my whole life. As a kid I cut their grass. As an adult, over the last 10 years or so I have helped them keep their yard under control, fix things around the house, checked on them during storms. I had to help Mr. Albert put down his last old dog about 5 years ago and buried it for him. Just the kind of things the younger generation does for the older in a very small community. I really hate that she won't let me sell it, as I know she is on a tight budget and the money would come in handy. But, I will keep an eye on her via her sister in law, to make sure she has what she needs.

jugrunner
July 30, 2015, 07:40
Or ... Lowell could just go ahead and send her $1500.00 like the really good guy he is ... I'll find him an old pistol one day and send it his way ... !!!

I actually know of one close by ... maybe not quite that old but it might be ...

the one that davesrb owns has "provenance" ... adds greatly to the value ...

very nice ... !!! ... but sounds like you kinda earned it ... karma is also good

01BIRDDOG
July 30, 2015, 07:53
Beautiful beyond words..........My old 1917 is my favorite 1911.

Story
July 30, 2015, 09:50
Well, I have pieced together the start of this gun's history. I got a chance to talk to the sweet lady who gave me the gun, as well as her late husbands sister. This gun was their grandfathers side arm. He was an office in the AEF, in the National Guards 42nd Rainbow Division. He shipped out in 1917 (maybe '18, they were unsure) and while wounded several times, he served until the Armistace. He brought the gun back with him and gave it to his son at some point. And the gun has passed down through the family until now. Sadly, they out lived their children and now have no one to pass it down to. .

My suggestion, as a historian - write this out as she dictates it, verbatim from her memory. She should sign and date it in front of a notary.

If she has any paperwork on her grandfather remaining, take that to be copied as well.

Check your PMs.

kotengu
July 30, 2015, 15:35
Wow. Just. Wow.

L Haney
July 30, 2015, 16:21
" When you look at it and shoot it, you will remember Albert. That way, when I am long gone, my husband won't be forgotten on this earth."

That hit me right between the eyes. Here's why.

After Shlomo passed I've assisted his widow with some of the aspects of 'turning out' everything from machine tools, reloading supplies, firearms and hats. Kotengu did a lot of work in this area too.

I purchased a couple of firearms. One is for me. A particular 1911 I had other plans for exactly along the lines of what this woman spoke of.

It ended up with a young man on the verge of adulthood. Don't worry, his dad is in agreement and is supervising. Shlomo met this young man, and in fact let him fire that same pistol. It was the first time he'd shot anything larger than a 9mm.

Some time later Shlomo related to me over a glass of bourbon that he was impressed by that adolescent, and foresaw a good future for him. He NEVER spoke of kids like this.

I sent the pistol on with a note (in care of his dad) that this wasn't a gift, it was a responsibility. And related what Mike had said to me.

Now, tell me each and every one of you on this thread wouldn't have done what I did, knowing what I did and given the chance to do so.

Invictus77
July 30, 2015, 16:55
Good on ya both mates :cheers:

GreenGiant
July 30, 2015, 19:01
Really Gorgeous old War Horse! My favorite 1911 is my Granddad's 1918-1919 1911 he got from the old DCM (I still have the shipping receipt!). It was refinished sometime by Uncle Sam but it looks like it was not ever shot much and the barrel is the correct blued barrel. I don't shoot it much, but I LOVE every second I spend on the range with it.

Also good on Da' Bot' of Ya for helping out an older lady and a young fella!

:whiskey::whiskey: To Ya Bot'!

Arby
July 30, 2015, 22:08
They have lived next to my Grandparents my whole life. As a kid I cut their grass. As an adult, over the last 10 years or so I have helped them keep their yard under control, fix things around the house, checked on them during storms. I had to help Mr. Albert put down his last old dog about 5 years ago and buried it for him. Just the kind of things the younger generation does for the older in a very small community. I really hate that she won't let me sell it, as I know she is on a tight budget and the money would come in handy. But, I will keep an eye on her via her sister in law, to make sure she has what she needs.

Really cool, Dave. As it is said: "You reap what you sow." You sowed well. It's back on you, now. I love these stories with a lot of history attendant to them. Thanks for the post and for the good deeds.

gates
July 31, 2015, 00:55
"Now, tell me each and every one of you on this thread wouldn't have done what I did, knowing what I did and given the chance to do so"

yep.:whiskey:

VALMET
July 31, 2015, 06:20
I really enjoy threads like this. It sounds like it. It came full circle after all of these years of help OP.

garandguy10
July 31, 2015, 20:18
I think you should clean it up with some sandpaper and steel wool and cold blue it, it would look much better.

:smile:

I kid, I kid......Geez.

davesrb
July 31, 2015, 21:39
I think you should clean it up with some sandpaper and steel wool and cold blue it, it would look much better.

:smile:

I kid, I kid......Geez.

No, I was thinking Urban Camo Duracoat...........

Or just a little oil and into the safe for now. Although I'm thinking this one deserves a display case.

kotengu
July 31, 2015, 22:40
?..this one deserves a display case.

With pictures of the past owners in all their glory if the wife will let you make a couple copies.

Right Side Up
July 31, 2015, 23:57
Sometimes the nice guy finishes first. Congrats. :whiskey:

Story
August 01, 2015, 06:55
Although I'm thinking this one deserves a display case.

With pictures of the past owners in all their glory if the wife will let you make a couple copies.

....and associated 42nd ID documents.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
August 01, 2015, 17:11
That pistol deserves to be shot.

MAINER
August 02, 2015, 15:34
That pistol deserves to be shot.

Yup, at least once a year on "Armistice Day".

raubvogel
August 07, 2015, 11:37
You need to get the owner's story documented. See if you can get pictures to scan and whatever else he has you can take pictures of.

If I were in your shoes, I would see about creating a kickstart project on that, maybe endign as book or something. And *then* give those profits to her. If she asks, say it is her hubby helping her out; you are just being the "thought" organizer, converting memories into something others can see and remember him for years to come.

But I am weird... and an asshole

davesrb
August 07, 2015, 19:31
I would love to have the time to allocate to this that some of you guys have!:big grin:

I will get as much of the story documented as I can. Talking to Alberts sister, I don't think there is much more in the way of actual pictures and documents. They lost most of that stuff to a tree fall and the subsequent water damage after Hurricane Opal. She says there is an old army compass somewhere, as well as a patch from the Alabama Regiment he was originally part of. My Dad thinks he remembers that the old gentleman was in the 4th Alabama or 167th?. But that is just what he surmised from the family discussions of 50-60 years ago. I'll keep digging.

Honestly, what ever I find, this has been fascinating. I had a basic knowledge of the AEF and just a passing familiarity with the 42 Rainbow Divisions part in WW1. So, this has been a cool history lesson for me.

davesrb
August 07, 2015, 19:58
That hit me right between the eyes. Here's why.

After Shlomo passed I've assisted his widow with some of the aspects of 'turning out' everything from machine tools, reloading supplies, firearms and hats. Kotengu did a lot of work in this area too.

I purchased a couple of firearms. One is for me. A particular 1911 I had other plans for exactly along the lines of what this woman spoke of.

It ended up with a young man on the verge of adulthood. Don't worry, his dad is in agreement and is supervising. Shlomo met this young man, and in fact let him fire that same pistol. It was the first time he'd shot anything larger than a 9mm.

Some time later Shlomo related to me over a glass of bourbon that he was impressed by that adolescent, and foresaw a good future for him. He NEVER spoke of kids like this.

I sent the pistol on with a note (in care of his dad) that this wasn't a gift, it was a responsibility. And related what Mike had said to me.

Now, tell me each and every one of you on this thread wouldn't have done what I did, knowing what I did and given the chance to do so.

Yes, I would do exactly as you did! Now more than ever we need to honor our friends departed and mentor the next generation.

spider991
August 07, 2015, 21:46
After reading and seeing all the garbage in this world.....reading posts like this one really brings the heart back....cheers to you guys, men of honor...rare these days but stuff like this renews faith..:bow:

def90
August 07, 2015, 23:08
Awesome gun and story!! :bow:

Seaweed
August 08, 2015, 21:51
I agree, a great story.

Does Uncle Sam still have a claim on this piece?

L Haney
August 09, 2015, 10:13
No, this will have been off the books for a long time.

raexcct2
August 11, 2015, 19:46
Well, I have pieced together the start of this gun's history. I got a chance to talk to the sweet lady who gave me the gun, as well as her late husbands sister. This gun was their grandfathers side arm. He was an office in the AEF, in the National Guards 42nd Rainbow Division. He shipped out in 1917 (maybe '18, they were unsure) and while wounded several times, he served until the Armistace. He brought the gun back with him and gave it to his son at some point. And the gun has passed down through the family until now. Sadly, they out lived their children and now have no one to pass it down to.
I told her that the gun does have significant value and that I would be happy to sell it for her, but she insists that she wants me to keep it and pass it down through my family in the hopes that " When you look at it and shoot it, you will remember Albert. That way, when I am long gone, my husband won't be forgotten on this earth." So there it is, it looks like it will take a spot of honor in my collection.

Dave,

That is an awesome story. It's too bad that she has no family to pass it along but it looks like she "adopted" you and you are now her family.

Gary Harwell
August 11, 2015, 22:11
Outstanding 1911, story, and recipient. The best it gets here.

davesrb
August 16, 2015, 10:30
Ok, the story is starting to come together. According to the family, the original "owner" of the gun was Edgar B Strickland who was an officer in the 42nd Rainbow Division.

Thanks to some expert help from Story, who found Lists of Men Ordered to Report to Local Board for Military Duty, 1917–1918, as well as the form showing the men inducted to military service for his regiment.

Story found:
Edgar Strickland enlisted June 15, 1915 into the Alabama National Guard,
he was mobilized June 20, 1916 into the 4th Alabama Infantry regiment, Company G.

That led me to:
In the Roster of the 42nd Rainbow Division, pg 410 shows:
167th Regiment (4th Alabama)
Company G
Strickland, Edgar B. Corp., Ozark, Al

The family has started contacting its extended members to see if anyone has any documents or artifacts to help flesh this out.

Dave

VALMET
August 17, 2015, 07:35
That's awesome Dave- keep us posted!

hueyville
August 18, 2015, 20:18
Having no children to pass things down to understand her motives. Had a substantial Randal knife collection and as relatives in mine and wife's families have deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan have given each one a Randal to take. Actually flipped a large collection and had to get on list and order three more as know pretty sure have at least two more who will go active and volunteer for deployment.

Democrat1
August 19, 2015, 16:07
There is a website called Culver's Shooting Page. It is mostly about M1 Garands, but they have a 1911 forum. On the various forums (M1, 1903, 1917, etc) people are always asking if members who bought books from Springfield Research Service (it did a lot of searches for Serial Numbers a lot of places in Federal records) to look through the books for a particular Serial Number: they refer to it as a "SRS Search."

That would be worth getting a factory letter from Colt on it.

Jarhead504
August 19, 2015, 20:22
Beautiful pistol Brother davesrb. Even my children are impressed at it being a piece of history from WW1, Show us pics of the other guns she passed on to you.

TIA
Jarhead

davesrb
August 20, 2015, 17:14
There really wasn't much of interest in the rest of the guns. An old Remington number 4 rolling block, solid frame in 32 rim fire. A .22 pistol from the '70's. a .38 special in pretty rough shape. An old .32 revolver, looks like the barrel was used to pry open boxes....

It is very cool to hold a piece of history that is over 100 years old. I think I need to make a display with my Dad's old Winchester M-1897 Trench Gun. Research shows it was most likely made between 1917-1919, apparently keeping up with serial numbers during the war years wasn't a priority. I believe this one made a trip to the arsenal in WWII.
Davesrb

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/Winchester%20Trench%20Gun/2e924d07.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/Winchester%20Trench%20Gun/7dcd2e02.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/Winchester%20Trench%20Gun/6c10398d.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/Winchester%20Trench%20Gun/4b3faf41.jpg~original

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/Winchester%20Trench%20Gun/df8a6672.jpg~original

STGThndr
August 21, 2015, 16:12
Over a century old, kinda warty but I'll bet it shoots just as well now as it did then! 1911's forever! what a gift!

denny
August 23, 2015, 01:38
My grandfather earned his citizenship by serving in WW1.
He was in the 129th infantry.
I recall him saying they were allowed to bring home their weapons.
Great gram, unfortunately gave away his Springfield ?
Denny

Right Side Up
August 23, 2015, 02:48
That's a nice 1897.

Otis Treekiller
August 23, 2015, 08:56
So, here is another time being known as a "gun guy" pays off. One of my neighbors husband passed away a few months ago. She dropped by today and gave me a few old guns, including this one.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/11090191-4E3A-4AA2-A4AE-11F71DFEB7A2.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/BA1FE58D-C5B1-493A-892F-5431DE5F7DE6.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/B473E8C4-F896-42D8-9431-9126DD976951.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/6429DEE6-E3B4-4AF9-AB2B-2CA91B93362F.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/davesrb/9E2DD098-391E-4988-AFB4-52D6516D254E.jpg

Not only does it pay to be a gun guy, but a good neighbor, as well! Congrats!

MK ULTRA
August 29, 2015, 14:54
No, I was thinking Urban Camo Duracoat...........

Or just a little oil and into the safe for now. Although I'm thinking this one deserves a display case.

OH NO don't do that. That patina took over 100 yrs to produce. Taking it off will reduce its value. Just clean and oil it up good. Think long and hard before doing anything.

L Haney
August 29, 2015, 15:26
OH NO don't do that. That patina took over 100 yrs to produce. Taking it off will reduce its value. Just clean and oil it up good. Think long and hard before doing anything.

Dude, you been had.

Story
August 29, 2015, 20:28
Dude, you been had.

Shhhh, we're going to switch his regular coffee with Folger's crystals next.

MK ULTRA
August 29, 2015, 20:36

Yeah I hope he knows better...some don't. I had to make sure.

davesrb
August 29, 2015, 20:50
Yeah I hope he knows better...some don't. I had to make sure.

Crap! So I shouldn't have media blasted it? Maybe a little hot blue will fix it?

:devil:

Story
August 29, 2015, 22:03
Go all out for this election cycle (http://s276.photobucket.com/user/BuckJM53/media/realugly45.jpg.html)

K.O.A.M.
August 31, 2015, 19:00
Crap! So I shouldn't have media blasted it? Maybe a little hot blue will fix it?

:devil:

Cerakote. With flames. You don't get any more tactikool than that.

davesrb
September 02, 2015, 17:16
Can anyone shed some light on the miss matched grips? Are either possibly an original?

K.O.A.M.
September 02, 2015, 18:29
Can anyone shed some light on the miss matched grips? Are either possibly an original?

Yes. Double diamonds are original to the gun. The other side looks like a postwar Colt commercial grip like you see on the 30's commercial pistols. You'd need a real expert to be sure.

.30-06
October 01, 2015, 18:41
No, I was thinking Urban Camo Duracoat..........

Get some hogue grips, machine off the old sights and replace them with some new trijicon sights, then you should be good to go!

Casqui1541
October 01, 2015, 20:13
I may still have some, I believe, vintage double diamond grips. They were on an older excellent condition Colt Gold Cup. Looked like someone liked the original Gold Cup grips that had the medallions and removed them and replaced them with a set of well used double diamond ones when they got rid of the Gold Cup.
I replaced them with the correct medallion grips. I'll look to see if I still have them.

Genetically Swiss
October 01, 2015, 21:02
I don't know how much you are into displays and all, but that 1911 in a shadow box with WWI era accoutremonts (particularly if the original owner had medals, campaign ribbons etc...) would make for a very nice memorial tribute to your departed friend. Maybe even a short historical writeup as well. Regardless, you are now the custodian of much more than a firearm. Congratulations.

GS

davesrb
October 02, 2015, 07:03
I don't know how much you are into displays and all, but that 1911 in a shadow box with WWI era accoutremonts (particularly if the original owner had medals, campaign ribbons etc...) would make for a very nice memorial tribute to your departed friend. Maybe even a short historical writeup as well. Regardless, you are now the custodian of much more than a firearm. Congratulations.

GS
I am sort of into WWII memorabilia and have a very modest collection. I have never collected much from WWI. But yes, I will probably put this in a display case of some kind.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220115

SPEEDGUNNER
October 02, 2015, 07:36
This old girl is just ugly enough to be beautiful, and the story makes her a real dollbaby!

You are doing the right thing, and are to be commended for that.

Bug Tussell
October 08, 2015, 20:49
I hardly get excited about guns anymore.

But these two old war horses get my pulse going

Very nice 1911 and 1897. They go together so well.

davesrb
October 11, 2015, 18:03
I hardly get excited about guns anymore.

But these two old war horses get my pulse going

Very nice 1911 and 1897. They go together so well.

I agree! It's funny, with all the guns I have these are 2 of my favorites and they were both given to me. There are quite a few guns that get me excited still, and that I would love to own. But most are old and rare and out of my budget now days.

mack7.62
October 16, 2015, 20:48
Here's a 1917 version, I thought the SN's were close until I realized yours only had 5 digits :). Some like the pristine ones I like the ones with that been there done that look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/IMG_2710_zpszww3lvff.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/IMG_2710_zpszww3lvff.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/IMG_2715_zpsrwcfwg2m.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/IMG_2715_zpsrwcfwg2m.jpg.html)

Here's some 1918 ammo I should run a clip on a special day like 11/11.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/037_zpssbci5zzv.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/037_zpssbci5zzv.jpg.html)

davesrb
October 19, 2015, 08:19
Here's a 1917 version, I thought the SN's were close until I realized yours only had 5 digits :). Some like the pristine ones I like the ones with that been there done that look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/IMG_2710_zpszww3lvff.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/IMG_2710_zpszww3lvff.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/IMG_2715_zpsrwcfwg2m.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/IMG_2715_zpsrwcfwg2m.jpg.html)

Here's some 1918 ammo I should run a clip on a special day like 11/11.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/mack77515/037_zpssbci5zzv.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mack77515/media/037_zpssbci5zzv.jpg.html)

That's nice! Do you have any info on its history?

SteelGreyML
October 23, 2015, 17:56
Cool 1911 and 1897. Thanks for posting!

davesrb
May 29, 2018, 13:11
Just an update for those who had followed along with this story. The sweet old lady who passed this 1911 down to me died peacefully in her home last week. She is survived only by her late husbands sister, who is in her late 80's. She was surrounded by her friends from church and her flower club.
My 10 year old daughter Audrey is devastated, as we have been visiting her at least twice a week now for several years, making sure she had everything she needed, keeping her house in good repair. Audrey would read to her and they would have tea just about every weekend. Her home is visible from my shop, so checking up on her was pretty easy. Hopefully we helped make her final years easier.....

Davesrb

TenTea
May 29, 2018, 14:19
RIP, nice lady.

She was obviously glad to know you.
Sorry for your family's loss.
Thanks for updating your adventure, here.