PDA

View Full Version : new cetme

spider991
July 11, 2015, 22:37
OK gang...need a more knowledgeable person than I about the g3/cetme trigger group (shouldn't be hard to find )...story..

Just bought a new to me CETME rifle.. It's one of the very early versions in beautiful shape. Took it out today it seems very accurate and it shoots great however..some f-tard did a home trigger job and told me it had a "hair trigger"....um ok..I tried it and felt decent, not real light at all....problem....when firing, occasionally it doubles and one triple , lol....kinda glad I have my own range as I figured I would have been kicked out of any decent public range. Now I have the trigger pack out and many of the original parts he gave me during the sale...What specifically am I looking for, or replace all??? This is not a fal trigger, this is new to me so school me please.:?

VALMET
July 11, 2015, 23:44
When you say "one of the very early versions," are you referring to one of the early Century guns (which were great) that came in around 2000-01 or one of the MARS imports that came in in the late-1960s/early-1970s?

seasmoke
July 12, 2015, 04:47
Check the legs of your sear spring. If one slips off it can cause double/triple fires.

Edit: Should have said 'hammer spring'. The spring sits on the hammer axle with the two 'legs' pointing toward the shooter. The legs rest in two v-cuts.

spider991
July 12, 2015, 08:33
When you say "one of the very early versions," are you referring to one of the early Century guns (which were great) that came in around 2000-01 or one of the MARS imports that came in in the late-1960s/early-1970s?

Sorry, one of the early century guns

spider991
July 12, 2015, 08:33
Check the legs of your sear spring. If one slips off it can cause double/triple fires.

Ok....will check soon as I get up..thanks

44EmElBee
July 18, 2015, 19:04
It's better to be safe than sorry.:cry: If as you stated that some Ftard gave it what HE considered a " trigger job" I personally wouldn't trust it . I would replace the trigger package. Considering that this person probably doesn't have the qualifications of a certified gunsmith. Just to much left to chance. :skull:Just my .02

seasmoke
July 23, 2015, 20:37
Any up-date on this issue?

spider991
July 23, 2015, 22:02
Yes actually....sent it to bill springfield...I know, I know...some here have had issues with him. Not me, he has done super trigger work on two different CETME trigger packs for me including:fal: this one...got it back Monday and shot it twice...crisp, really decent trigger now..

seasmoke
July 24, 2015, 04:14
Good to hear. :)

BIG50
July 24, 2015, 09:01
I have boxes of cetme trigger packs and trigger parts if you or bill needs anything tell bill to call me he has my number.

Holescreek
July 25, 2015, 00:05
Bill sent out a request for Cetme hammer springs last week on another forum.

spider991
July 25, 2015, 18:13
Not seeing the parts out there as much as I used to....been to 3 gun shows looking for stock parts but the surplus venders are not going....I know it's summer but geeze...now I gotta order off the net.