PDA

View Full Version : AR110C

mmmm
July 11, 2015, 07:21
Picked up a Daewoo 110 couple days ago. I had a 200 I got in trade and liked it. Soooo I NEEDED this 110. This is one fine rifle. I have NOT shot it, but the ergonomics have impressed the s*** out of me. It is light, no frills,handy and well made. The wire stock is sturdy and quite comfortable. I don't understand why they are not appreciated more. Maybe I'm missing something, but I have owned many rifles of this genre ,ar's, ak's, and am much more impressed with this rifle. I know parts availability is an issue, but I have found that all parts can be obtained, albeit, at a premium price. Just wondering out loud.

s0b3
July 11, 2015, 11:56
i think they were poorly marketed when they were introduced. they are one of the more underrated rifles out there. only real complaints i have are the 180 degree selector.

Stoney
July 11, 2015, 17:30
my safety is my finger, never move the safety on mine

douglas
July 11, 2015, 21:31
This will fix you up.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359174
Easy install and it works like a charm.

s0b3
July 12, 2015, 00:04
i know about the aftermarket safety. was just pointing out shortfalls of it out of the box. since it was introduced 30+ years ago, there wasn't a lot of rails or railed accessories at the time so all those will need to be done aftermarket. same with an optics rail.

s0b3
July 12, 2015, 00:05
my safety is my finger, never move the safety on mine

were you in operation gothic serpent? :tongue:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m577/RNS915/ThisIsMySafety.jpg

mmmm
July 12, 2015, 05:43
i know about the aftermarket safety. was just pointing out shortfalls of it out of the box. since it was introduced 30+ years ago, there wasn't a lot of rails or railed accessories at the time so all those will need to be done aftermarket. same with an optics rail.

Guess I'm old school. Hell, I'm 65 so I AM old school, but I like it without all the crap hanging off of it. Never understood taking a 6.5# rifle designed to be handy and quick to put into action and making it a 8.5# weapon with stuff hanging off of it that will snag and mess up the ergonomics of this rifle. If you need lights, lasers, scopes, get an AR and deck it out. This little rifle is as handy as a M1 carbine with more whump. I like this rifle the way it was designed and not "improved". Just me and my old, hard headed, East Texas, attitude.

GDavis
July 19, 2015, 09:32
North Texas attitude here as well (well--- with me).

K.I.S.S. for me is the way to go. I also like my firearms as they were issued and a lover of fine looking good old wood (if they came that way).

The LAST thing I would ever want is am M1 Garand modified with rails and an AR15 plastic collapsible stock!

I do have a K2 Daewoo and think it is one of the best .556 rifles out there. About the only thing I "might" do is replace the selector with a 90 degree (if exactly same look as the original). But right now I just use it as a 90 degree with the selector on "fire" (up- as on AR15) since it is still blocking the weapon from discharging, and then move it to fire (same position as "auto" on the M16). In reality, "safe" on the Daewoo works in both the marked "safe position" as well as the unmarked "fire position" (as on the AR15). Unsafe to do this??- I don't see why because the rifle will ONLY fire when the selector is positioned rearward on the Daewoo marked "fire position".