PDA

View Full Version : Dawsonville Gun and Pawn

Louis
June 22, 2015, 11:06
Bought a new Coonan G1 receiver on gunbroker last week. Seller shipped it promptly, shipped from individual so this is how they came into the mix. Only shop around my way that will accept from individual's for whatever reason. Okay, I can deal with it (even at $35:facepalm:)

USPS shows them signing for it on Sat at noon. I come in today and kindly ask to pick up the receiver I had shipped to them, three employees sitting there, no other customers but me. One employee takes down my name, walks in the back and right back out. Tells me she receives a lot of boxes and wont find mine. Then the other employee starts in over her shoulder about their store policies of holding packages, which was never disclosed or written anywhere on site.

Pretty strange that they have a store full of stuff, reasonably priced for a retail spot but they essentially sent me packing because they where too lazy to go look for a box. Didn't even offer to find it by the end of business or anything. Just gave me flack. Store was dead but they couldn't help a paying customer for such a simple task? Anyone in my area, just wanted to pass this along. Not very good business ethics going on at this location.

hagar
June 22, 2015, 11:10
I had the same thing happen with PSA, rifle got delivered to them according to tracking number. Went back 3 times and each time they said "could not find it, no record of it". Only when I mentioned getting the ATF involved regarding a stolen rifle, did it suddenly magically appear.. :mad:

J. Armstrong
June 22, 2015, 11:11
Only when I mentioned getting the ATF involved regarding a stolen rifle, did it suddenly magically appear.. :mad:

Bingo :)

hagar
June 22, 2015, 11:25
Gunstores do not like the ATF word. Back in the early 90's I bought a MAK-90 from a dealer in AZ. Took it out to the desert, thankfully only loaded 5 rounds, and when I pulled the trigger it went full auto on me. Tried it a few times to make sure it was not trigger slap, and next day I took it back to dealer. He was not very helpful, you bought it, it's yours now was his attitude.

I asked him for his yellow pages. What for, he asked. I replied "I want to go hand it in to the ATF and tell them you sold me a fully auto machinegun".

"Well maybe we can work something out", and he exchanged it for a new one. That one worked, could not consistently hit a paper plate at 100 yards, but at least it functioned like it should.:biggrin:

Louis
June 22, 2015, 11:27
I had the same thing happen with PSA, rifle got delivered to them according to tracking number. Went back 3 times and each time they said "could not find it, no record of it". Only when I mentioned getting the ATF involved regarding a stolen rifle, did it suddenly magically appear.. :mad:

That's what I figured. I already contacted the seller and he is calling them now to inquire why they have his property and wont log it or even acknowledge receipt of the package. They seem pretty high and mighty in there. Sorry to hear this has happened to others. Had today scheduled to build and test fire this G1.

Louis
June 22, 2015, 15:36
Funny, when I went back just a few minutes ago the woman was very nice and acted as if I was a stranger and I had never come in this morning. As soon as I sat down the guy behind the other counter walks up and squares off with me about 10 feet to my front. Tried to evil eye me for the better part of 20 seconds, just starring me down. Had his hand way too close to his pistol for me to like and as soon as she cleared me and handed back my permit he bailed. Some real high school antics up in there. Mine now, either way. Let the build commence:D

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/adkins_louis/g1_zpsehshwprh.jpg (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/adkins_louis/media/g1_zpsehshwprh.jpg.html)

Roland
June 22, 2015, 16:42
I had the same thing happen with PSA, rifle got delivered to them according to tracking number. Went back 3 times and each time they said "could not find it, no record of it". Only when I mentioned getting the ATF involved regarding a stolen rifle, did it suddenly magically appear.. :mad:******** ***************** ***************************************** width="1" height="1"><param value="*********************************************"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="*********************************************" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
The exact same thing happened to me as well. Magic!

Louis
June 22, 2015, 16:54
The exact same thing happened to me as well. Magic!

Yeah, honestly that's the most trouble I've ever been given over a simple and straight forward transfer. I'm not going back.

2barearms
June 22, 2015, 17:56
There are some real retards running gun stores in this country.

Was just discussing the BWest folks that sold the Mak 90's and other
AK stuff. The 922R section of the Feral Register was written specifically
to stop them from bringing in kits and building them.

jimmieZ
June 22, 2015, 18:53
I use a shop named "High Caliber" up in Canton - super nice and $20 transfers. I've used them at least 6 times in the last year.

Louis
June 22, 2015, 19:11
I use a shop named "High Caliber" up in Canton - super nice and $20 transfers. I've used them at least 6 times in the last year.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check them out.

Nuttz
June 22, 2015, 19:18
Funny, when I went back just a few minutes ago the woman was very nice and acted as if I was a stranger and I had never come in this morning. As soon as I sat down the guy behind the other counter walks up and squares off with me about 10 feet to my front. Tried to evil eye me for the better part of 20 seconds, just starring me down. Had his hand way too close to his pistol for me to like and as soon as she cleared me and handed back my permit he bailed. Some real high school antics up in there. Mine now, either way. Let the build commence:D...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DgufTqO4Auo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SteelGreyML
June 22, 2015, 22:17
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DgufTqO4Auo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bahhahahahhahahahhahahh

SteelGreyML
June 22, 2015, 22:18
Funny, when I went back just a few minutes ago the woman was very nice and acted as if I was a stranger and I had never come in this morning. As soon as I sat down the guy behind the other counter walks up and squares off with me about 10 feet to my front. Tried to evil eye me for the better part of 20 seconds, just starring me down. Had his hand way too close to his pistol for me to like and as soon as she cleared me and handed back my permit he bailed. Some real high school antics up in there. Mine now, either way. Let the build commence:D

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/adkins_louis/g1_zpsehshwprh.jpg (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/adkins_louis/media/g1_zpsehshwprh.jpg.html)

Nice receiver. Bummer those lazy *tards screwing with you. What are you building? G1 with wood? Post pics when done!

oleblu72
June 23, 2015, 17:36
Every time I make a purchase needing a FFL I am delayed a week every time. Don't know why this happens I would think they could have gotten this figured out after all the times I went through the system. This FFL I used to use after about the 3rd time he got pissed off about the delays he told me to not come back until I get this straightened . Needless to say I found another FFL to use.

Mark

tdb59
June 23, 2015, 18:58
Every time I make a purchase needing a FFL I am delayed a week every time. Don't know why this happens I would think they could have gotten this figured out after all the times I went through the system. This FFL I used to use after about the 3rd time he got pissed off about the delays he told me to not come back until I get this straightened . Needless to say I found another FFL to use.

Mark

Why would you not correct it ?

There is something in the database regarding your personal information that is wrong.

oleblu72
June 24, 2015, 00:19
Why would you not correct it ?

There is something in the database regarding your personal information that is wrong.

I would think if there was something wrong it would be a denial not a delay .

Mark

tdb59
June 24, 2015, 00:26
I would think if there was something wrong it would be a denial not a delay .

Mark

Yet it happens every time.

There is most likely an issue that will not go away by ignoring it. " They " are not going to " figure it out " because there is no incentive for " them " to do so.

Why continue the annoyance for yourself and the businesses that are attempting to provide a service to you ?

tac-40
June 24, 2015, 08:24
If you are being delayed each time your are getting a NCIC's check, that means your name is similar or is the same as somebody with issues. To correct this, you can request a Unique Personal Identification Number from the ATF that will identify you and nobody else. It is used on the Form 4473 and should stop the delays.

From the eForm Quick Reference Guide For buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide you with a Unique Personal Identification Number, which the buyer should record in question 9.

And the process you need to follow: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/appeals/nics-appeals-process/nics-appeal-frequently-asked-questions

oleblu72
June 24, 2015, 11:29
If you are being delayed each time your are getting a NCIC's check, that means your name is similar or is the same as somebody with issues. To correct this, you can request a Unique Personal Identification Number from the ATF that will identify you and nobody else. It is used on the Form 4473 and should stop the delays.

From the eForm Quick Reference Guide For buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide you with a Unique Personal Identification Number, which the buyer should record in question 9.

And the process you need to follow: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/appeals/nics-appeals-process/nics-appeal-frequently-asked-questions

I wonder why they can't figure it out using my SS#? This process you speak of Tac is this the one where you go to your local cops and get your finger prints run and send them in with the proper forms?

Mark

stimpsonjcat
June 24, 2015, 12:47
I never had any issues with them, but then I haven't been there in years.

At that point I knew half the staff at the counters.

Shame they have gone south like this.

I now use Cherokee Gun as I know one of the higher ups there, his daughter is my daughters BFF.

Louis
June 24, 2015, 15:16
I never had any issues with them, but then I haven't been there in years.

At that point I knew half the staff at the counters.

Shame they have gone south like this.

I now use Cherokee Gun as I know one of the higher ups there, his daughter is my daughters BFF.

Man, that works out! I have always liked their shop. No charge for transfers and always polite with good prices.

I was just trying to give my most local shop a run. Guess I should just stay with who and what I know.

hueyville
June 24, 2015, 22:57
Dawsonville Gun and Pawn is 20 minutes from my work. My brother shops there all the time but he is a fish and easy to hook. I go by their location twice a month working and anytime go to the farm to visit mom. Have gone in three times with brother and once by myself. That said, not been back in for years. Know have good inventory, wide range of used guns coming through and lots of other stuff. Don't give one hoot about the place. Each of the four times went in including brother who has purchased and sold dozens of guns in the place they just don't feel right to me. Even when with brother generally put a spotter on me coming in the door who evil eyes me entire time. Without brother even worse and always treat me like am typical completely ignorant gun customer. Don't intend to ever stop by again.

If willing to do business in Gainesville just call Foxhole and say you have a receiver, rifle or whatever shipping to their location. If need copy of their FFL just PM me and will send. Brownells and Midway already have on approved list and ship direct to them no questions. Handle gunbroker purchases or will broker for you if want someone with a gazillion positive ratings listing and handling contacts. If ever go in, have to call just tell them you know Michael and make some comment like hope knowing the old hippie doesn't get you shot. If want will give them heads up for you. Transferred over 50 rifles for me past year and like today I walked in, went behind counter and pulled what needed from their gunsmith area, wrote price and part number for inventory and put in pocket then paid on way out the door. They will treat you very well on anything from guns, parts, transfers from private individuals, reloading and more.

If go into Georgia Guns same deal with me as reference but only accept transfers from FFL's, no private sellers and I stay on customer side of counters. They have slightly different stock and at one some items price is cheaper than other. I shop with both, buy lots of stuff from both. Probably stop at Foxhole three times per week, Georgia Guns once. Occasionally twist wrenches behind counter at Foxhole. Other than Dixie Gun Works in Hoschton about only shops I use now.

If come to either let me know and will meet you if going to be close. Foxhole are SCAR guys and one of the employees is looking for an FAL right now. He has seen too many come in for me and wants on the bus. They even let me set up accounts with vendors I need parts for. Just good people all the way around.

stimpsonjcat
June 25, 2015, 11:33
Transfer fee at Cherokee is $0.00

tac-40
June 25, 2015, 14:25
I wonder why they can't figure it out using my SS#? This process you speak of Tac is this the one where you go to your local cops and get your finger prints run and send them in with the proper forms?

Your SS# is probably the cause of the delays. Somebody else has used your number. I have encountered many bad guys that have 8-10 SSN's under their name that are 1 or 2 numbers off of their real SSN. Unfortunately, the people that have those "other "SSN's are looked at harder in order to make sure they are not the bad guy. For routine stuff like a traffic stop, it might take 5-10 extra minutes to figure out the 75 year old driver isn't the 20 something thug. For the ATF NCIC's, it is a slower process, thus the delay.

I don't know the exact procedure and can only say use the ATF/FBI guides. I have never been on that side of the NCICS. You might even talk to your LGS. They may have helped somebody else in this and know firsthand what is needed.

hokey45
June 25, 2015, 18:17
+1 on Cherokee. $0 transfers, good polite service, good prices, good prices on Ruger parts and accessories.

DakTo
June 26, 2015, 07:09
The way I understand it the ATF NCIC's has 5 working days to respond to a background record check request and if there is no response in that time period you may pick up the firearm from the dealer.
This has happened to me several times in a contiguous state. The dealer advised me the background check is in 3 parts and 2 were confirmed but in each case the 3rd part was not responded to within 5 working days.