PDA

View Full Version : Armscor .22 Magnum

Retired Bum
June 20, 2015, 22:31
Earlier today I was given a 50 round box of Armscor .22 rimfire magnum ammo. I took it because I have a Ruger Single Six Convertible with the .22 mag cylinder. I already have CCI and Winchester .22 mag ammo on the shelf.

So do any of you have any experience with this brand of ammo?

And so it goes.

The Retired One

yovinny
June 21, 2015, 08:44
I had a brick of that, traded into it and had it for years. White 50rd box paper box, IIRC it had a stripe or two of color on the top side along with the name.
Mine was got back in the early 90's IIRC and it was clean, surefire ammo, but thats about all I can say about it. It wasent very accurate for me in anything, which was why I've had it around so long.
I know I never went back for more....But rim fires are funny and YMMV.

Cheers, YV

ftierson
June 21, 2015, 11:47
My experience with the Philippines made Armscor .22WMR ammo (in the white and green boxes) was somewhat different and much more favorable. I say this mostly about ammo collected 10-15 years ago'

Long after the US manufacturers wimped out (lawyerized) their .22WMR ammo, the Armscor stuff was still produced to the over-2000 fps (with a 40gr real jacketed bullet) 'normal' spec (when most US manufacturers had dropped below 1900fps, not matter what the boxes said).

For many years, I went out of my way looking for the Armscor ammo (again, this is the 'made in the Philippines' stuff). Armscor was also making the PMC .22WMR ammo at the time (also, obviously, being manufactured in the Philippines).

Eventually, even the Armscor stuff was downloaded...

I've been quite happy with the Philippines made stuff...

Forrest

Retired Bum
June 21, 2015, 17:04
Thanks for the replies. I am going to have to get the Ruger out of the safe and take it with me on the next trip to the range. I just have to remember to install the magnum cylinder before I go.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

ftierson
June 24, 2015, 00:18
By the way, is the stuff you have the white and green 'made in the Philippines' stuff or the current yellow box 'made in the USA' (Montana, I think) stuff?

My favorable comments were about the Philippines stuff since I have no experience with the US manufactured stuff. However, I'm sure that the new US stuff is loaded to the same lower-performance standards as most of the rest of the .22WMR ammo today...

Forrest

Retired Bum
June 24, 2015, 00:26
It is the green and white box and the label says made in the P.I.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Kingtubby
June 24, 2015, 11:19
Last couple of years, Ive bought a decent amount of new production for my friend, who has a 22wmr gopher gun. He didnt have anything bad to say about it. Thought it accurate and up to speed. I assume its made in the philipines, I think all their rimfire is made over there. But I bought it from the town where armscor makes centerfire ammo domestically. Its not to far from me.

yovinny
June 25, 2015, 11:16
You guys made me go look.

My boxes say 'Armscor' in a small font, 'Precision' in a big font and then have three small colored stripes (green, blue and orange) Made in Philippines and bla,bla warnings on bottom. All printing right on white paper box, no labels.

I got mine back early 90's, no idea if it was new or old stock at the time.