PDA

View Full Version : CZ52 Accuracy?

Bug Tussell
June 19, 2015, 13:53
I have a guy looking at my CZ52 to buy. He wants to shoot it for accuracy. He is looking for 3 - 4 inches at 50 yards. Says his old one would do that and he wants the same accuracy in this CZ52.

Comments?

W.E.G.
June 19, 2015, 14:36
Tell him to go suck an egg.

Bug Tussell
June 19, 2015, 15:12
Tell him to go suck an egg.

Kinda what I was thinking. Sounds like a little tire kicking going on.

splattermatic
June 19, 2015, 15:43
That, and you alone out in the hills with him and a loaded gun.

No.
Don't do it buddy.

gates
June 20, 2015, 11:24
What are we talking $ wise? a couple hundred bucks? I'd tell him to take or leave it as is - not worth your time to fuk with him IMO.

SWOHFAL
June 20, 2015, 17:46
That, and you alone out in the hills with him and a loaded gun.

No.
Don't do it buddy.

He could shoot it while I cover him with the FAL, if he wants to at all.

gates
June 20, 2015, 23:37
Yeah... no one I have EVER sold a firearm to that I didn't KNOW doesn't get to "try it out" in my presence - they can buy it and if it doesn't meet my description they get their $ back.

randy762ak
June 21, 2015, 09:21
The testing work has been done at the armory -CZ-52 handguns were prick punched on the top of the slide-very tiny punch mark -- 1 dot average 2 dots better etc.

Bug Tussell
June 21, 2015, 09:44
The testing work has been done at the armory -CZ-52 handguns were prick punched on the top of the slide-very tiny punch mark -- 1 dot average 2 dots better etc.

And we have a winner! I'm gonna check out that CZ to see what kind of prick it has! (That didn't come out right)

Thanks randy762ak.

Bug Tussell
June 21, 2015, 10:36
I checked and with a magnifying glass and cheaters I found a very faint prick - singular about 2 inches from the front sight centered on the top of the slide. That sound about right?

bill3542
June 21, 2015, 17:54
yea... my CZ-52 is a 2 dot and they are marked on top of the slide.

Gazz
June 22, 2015, 08:19
I was involved in a discussion on another forum about the punch marks on CZ52's. There are many opinions on what they mean (if anything), heat treating/metal hardness, rebuilds, accuracy and if I recall, there was no real conclusion.

If you let the guy shoot it for accuracy, I can see him shooting poorly and then telling you it does not meet his requirements but he would offer to take it at lower price. As is, where is.

Bug Tussell
June 22, 2015, 09:04
I was involved in a discussion on another forum about the punch marks on CZ52's. There are many opinions on what they mean (if anything), heat treating/metal hardness, rebuilds, accuracy and if I recall, there was no real conclusion.

If you let the guy shoot it for accuracy, I can see him shooting poorly and then telling you it does not meet his requirements but he would offer to take it at lower price. As is, where is.

The thing is, when I bought the 52, I bought it to be a "truck gun". My qualifications for a "truck gun" are: reliable and cheap - generally milsurp meets this. But then I get into, well, it only holds 8 rounds, maybe I should get a police trade-in glock so I have more rounds, so I get a glock but I decide that it is too expensive to just leave in the truck ...

So the upshot is that I don't have a gun in the truck. :facepalm:

SWOHFAL
June 22, 2015, 09:28
The Glock is as good a gun for that as you could hope, though you don't have much of that bothersome humidity to worry about that would rust guns elsewhere that aren't stainless or nitrocarburized.