PDA

View Full Version : My experience with file members.

AZ Dave
June 17, 2015, 22:39
I have been a member here since the early days. I've only been burned 1 time and it wasnt too bad. Old timers will remember Mike Prewitt of MSC in Washington. He was a hack and a thief and was ran off years ago along with others in the hall of shame. He was a liar to the bone. I had him build my second fal because he was cheaper than ARS and talked a good talk. There is a difference between a man who makes an honest mistake and a thief / liar. Nobody is perfect but an honest man will make good any issue that is his fault. Thieves,liars and hacks dont last long on this board. Good communication is a must so ask lots of questions and clear everything up before a deal is made.

gates
June 17, 2015, 23:15
I've been here longer Dave and virtually all of my deals have gone off without a hitch - I made a $100 wager on an economic outcome with a deceased FF member some years back, I lost the wager and mailed him a $100 bill - if he had lost he would have done the same - it's how we roll here, your word is your bond or you are shit.

yellowhand
June 17, 2015, 23:27
Short timer compared to both of you, but I've been shipping stuff before payment and never had an issue with anyone here.
Beats the hell out of the general public.
Honest folks, might be a bad one, but so far, I have not run across them yet.

CivyBlue
June 17, 2015, 23:34
Been here for about a year now...this is a great community for the FAL. I've never been burned here (except when I first bought my FAL from a local ). Y'all are top notch in my book, except some of y'all take things a lil too seriously. :butthurt:

Great sense' of humor too...well most of y'all lol

Invictus77
June 18, 2015, 05:45
Been here for about a year now...this is a great community for the FAL. I've never been burned here <strike>(except when I first bought my FAL from a local ). </strike> Y'all are top notch in my book, except some of y'all take things a lil too seriously. :butthurt:

Great sense' of humor too...well most of y'all lol

Well said Sir. My thoughts exactly.

2barearms
June 18, 2015, 06:44
I've been here for a while and never got screwed. The times that there have
been incidents with long time members it's been weird. I chalk it up to they were either bad apples to start with or got into drugs and alcohol. There have been some mass screwing's here by long time members.

gunplumber
June 18, 2015, 08:26
I have been a member here since the early days. I've only been burned 1 time and it wasnt too bad. Old timers will remember Mike Prewitt of MSC in Washington. He was a hack and a thief and was ran off years ago along with others in the hall of shame. He was a liar to the bone. I had him build my second fal because he was cheaper than ARS and talked a good talk. There is a difference between a man who makes an honest mistake and a thief / liar. Nobody is perfect but an honest man will make good any issue that is his fault. Thieves,liars and hacks dont last long on this board. Good communication is a must so ask lots of questions and clear everything up before a deal is made.

And when I called out Mike @ MSC as a hack, I was excoriated, with people screaming that I was just jealous, or trying to hurt my so-called competition.

And when I called out Robert Hesse a hack . . . for whom I coined the phrase Angry Beaver & Drunken Monkey
And when I called out George Gouger, who so many Falfilers worshiped.
And when I called out Todd Bailey (on HK Files)
And when I called out Todd Grove
And when I called out Gary Gucciano
And when I called out JoeKen (AK Files)
And when I called out Chet Durska (AK Files)
And when I called out PWA (Before the IMBEL group buy, which I warned against!)
Etc., Etc., Etc.

Each time, I was lambasted by the peanut gallery. All manner of vicious attacks on me.

And then time proved me right, again and again and again.

And not once did one of the jackasses who gave me so much shit for daring to say "this guy's a fraud and a hack" come back and apologize.

Funny, 20 years later, I'm still here. And with the exception of Robert Hesse, who has changed the name of his company twice to dodge his shitty reputation, the others are all gone.

So lets not pretend there have not been some real dirtbags here on FalFiles. And lets remember also, how the peanut gallery treats people like me who warn against them. Until years later, the collective memory changes to "oh, we always knew he was a scumbag."

2barearms
June 18, 2015, 09:48
uhhhmmmm....... you left off one of the biggest shitbags of
all Enterprize Douchbaggery. There was a guy Tony somebody or
other that screwed a bunch of folks around.

Angel Status is a rare commodity on some levels.

M829A3
June 18, 2015, 10:10
I'm a medium timer myself. Did a bunch of trades sales, and purchases, back in the day. A couple years back I committed to purchase some ammo, then got hurt, was out of action for some time. In the mean time I wasn't here or anywhere else. I couldn't contact the seller, he didn't send the ammo, I didn't send the money. Nobody was out anything but still it was a deal that went bad. He left me bad feedback. Shite happens. It's one thing if unintentional, or issues arise. It's another, to lie and steal, BUT there is always at least two sides to the story. Sometimes things just go FUBAR.

Bruce Allen
June 18, 2015, 10:16
I have done business with several members in my long history with the FAL Files and did have only one member - with a good history of business - send me an incorrect size locking shoulder.
He is now gone.

jugrunner
June 18, 2015, 10:47
never had a deal "Go South" here on the files ...

I do remember waiting about a yr for a FAL LULA loader when I first joined up ... :eek: ... :wink: ...

ETA: I did buy a STG barrel on GB from a member here ... he advertised it as having gaged it "as new" on both ends ... actually gaged +2 on the muzzle ... I let it go because I actually got the barrel in a timely manner (shocking) ... and the bullet still comes out the end ... :shades:

I don't do business with him anymore ...

Topbanana
June 18, 2015, 11:46
i love how gunplumber keeps a hate list.

gunplumber
June 18, 2015, 12:08
Hate list? I'm far too lazy to hate anyone.

But I do have a long memory.

4duece
June 18, 2015, 13:10
uhhhmmmm....... you left off one of the biggest shitbags of
all Enterprize Douchbaggery. There was a guy Tony somebody or
other that screwed a bunch of folks around.

Angel Status is a rare commodity on some levels.

Probably was Tony Mashburn, known as Gunsmith Tony. Did a really good job with AK's and FAL's but for some reason went over to the Darkside later on and dropped off the radar.

K. Funk
June 19, 2015, 07:32
Been here a while myself. Seen em come and seen em go. I've bought and sold a fair amount, never burned. Met a few of you in person, consider all of you family.

krf

DJ
June 19, 2015, 07:57
Been here since the days of the old Blue Board. I've bought some stuff, sold some stuff, always had great luck. Never been burned.
Met a few of the guys here, one and all are great guys.
I do believe that I got one of the last good "builds" that Mike Prewitt ever did. I bought a Century l1a1 built on a Hesse receiver that wouldn't feed. Mike repaced that Hesse with a Gear Logo Imbel for me. Shortly after I got my rifle back he went off the deep end.

douglas
June 19, 2015, 11:57
I've lurked around on the Fal Files since about 1998.
Learned a lot about what I needed to buy to be able to build a couple of decent battle rifles and I ordered all the parts kits through the venders in the SGN. Didn't have the cash up front to buy much else. Finally the stars and the moon aligned properly and it was time to get my kits built. I registered as a Fal Files member when I needed to buy a few more items in the Marketplace.
I can say for certain that if it wasn't for this forum and the great people posting on it that my rifles would never have been completed. All of my buying/ selling on this board have had outstanding results.

Bug Tussell
June 19, 2015, 16:03
With the exception of my latest purchase from Warbirds my transactions here have ranged from exceptional to crappy packaging but stuff still intact. Cordiality generally reigned in these transactions.

I'd say that's pretty good for over the years.

The worst hosing I got was from my brother when I dealt with him on FalFest T-shirts. But that's another story.

meltblown
June 19, 2015, 16:16
Hate list? I'm far too lazy to hate anyone.

But I do have a long memory.

Trait that is needed to be a good businessman. Huey has a long memory, but is he a good businessman? You remember getting fuc ked and the circumstances. I just wade off into it again once and awhile thinking that people are going to do what's right.

chet
June 27, 2015, 13:21
And when I called out Chet Durska (AK Files)

Just FYI for folks reading this thread, I am not Chet Durska. chet is a nickname I picked up overseas.:biggrin:I don't even own an AK.:p

ftierson
June 27, 2015, 18:35
Just FYI for folks reading this thread, I am not Chet Durska. chet is a nickname I picked up overseas.:biggrin:I don't even own an AK.:p

:)

Forrest

SteelGreyML
June 28, 2015, 18:29

Dude, that sucks. :mad:

Apparently ISIS was the name of a number of legitimate companies before the terrorists stole it:
http://www.lexiconbranding.com/client-news/what-to-do-when-a-brand-becomes-synonymous-with-terror-softcard.html

JohnnyMac
June 28, 2015, 22:42
In all the years I have been on the Files, I have had only one bad experience with a transaction, but had protected myself and was only out some time, but no money.

I can't say the same for my dealings on eBay (never again), GunBroker, AR15.COM, etc.

I have had several members go above and beyond good service in deals. Once, USPS tracking showed that a package a seller had sent to me was "delivered", but it never showed. Seller re-sent the order almost immediately, simply on my word that USPS was incorrect. He told me if the first shipment should also arrive, to keep it as well, no charge. WOW.

I recently did a trade, and both parties sent the items out, on faith. Not many places I would do that.

JMc

blueyedfaler
June 29, 2015, 10:17
Haven't had any bad deals here, wish I could say the same for other sights.

CTW
July 03, 2015, 02:47
I've not been here too long, but I have to say I've always been impressed with the people I've dealt with on here. Its still my favorite site and I visit on a daily basis. Never been burned. I did have some crap with the bgs enterprise receiver debacle. That was a total fubar.

oleblu72
July 04, 2015, 14:11
I've only had one deal that went sour here with a current member here on the files. Merchandise was not delivered but money was refunded after a few strange P.M.'s so no harm no foul. But I have to say the whole deal was a tad strange to say the least.

Mark

meltblown
July 04, 2015, 14:50
I had one deal that got me worried. Bought a para folder from a dude and took him a few weeks to ship. I paid for it and the connecting bolt. Connecting bolt never showed, and he acknowledged the fact. Never sent. He was parting out a para lower and some other guys were having issues too.

I've made some dumbass deals, but no one put a gun to my head. I've gotten kits that were listed as 98% while I would have judged 90%. Fugg it move on and make a mental note.

I've had some really nice gestures that out weigh all of the bad. Had a guy give me an ARMS #4 mount. I insisted on paying. He wouldn't take it. My buds here find something that I'm looking for and pretty much send it to me.

12v71
July 04, 2015, 21:19
My experience with Files members has been nothing but the best, I now have a bunch of good friends all over the U.S. And the ones I've met in person have been some of the best. :bow:

Falcon
July 04, 2015, 22:51
...never did get that polo shirt.:whistling:

Hebrew Battle Rifle
July 12, 2015, 13:57
I got screwed by Adam762 and he has yet to acknowledge or correct it. I bought one of his F A L barrels and what I received was unusable junk. And he never actually sent the barrel. After a little over a month of waiting for it to arrive after having been paid for via debit card, he suddenly closes his shop and claims some sort of problem with his business partners. It was one of his partners that contacted me to get my shipping info and sent the barrel.
The barrel that I received had a gas block journal so small that a gas block would spin like a top. Additionally, the gas block shoulder was set back about the thickness of a nickel. The bore was not concentric with the outside of the barrel. Even if a gas block could be fitted, there is no way that the sights could ever be regulated.
So it turns out that Warbird is the second member of this board to screw me over a gun barrel.

kwthor
July 13, 2015, 00:13
So, If I paid for something and the seller is going thru hard times with family issues but the wait has now reached 2 1/2 years have I been screwed or am I just impatient?

Aeroscout
July 13, 2015, 00:49
I got screwed by Adam762 and he has yet to acknowledge or correct it. I bought one of his F A L barrels and what I received was unusable junk. And he never actually sent the barrel. After a little over a month of waiting for it to arrive after having been paid for via debit card, he suddenly closes his shop and claims some sort of problem with his business partners. It was one of his partners that contacted me to get my shipping info and sent the barrel.
The barrel that I received had a gas block journal so small that a gas block would spin like a top. Additionally, the gas block shoulder was set back about the thickness of a nickel. The bore was not concentric with the outside of the barrel. Even if a gas block could be fitted, there is no way that the sights could ever be regulated.
So it turns out that Warbird is the second member of this board to screw me over a gun barrel.

I have never delt with Adam762 on any business agreement, only over the phone concerning a "possible" future need.....having only one phone conversation with him I was nothing but impressed.

I find it difficult to believe that this individual bent you over.

That being said.....Adam762......what do you have to say about this?

Is HBR butthurt or does he have legitimate beef?

I find it difficult to believe Adam762 would not make things right if he was in the wrong.

gunplumber
July 13, 2015, 07:33
F-ck a seller's "hard times". It's never too hard of times to cash the check, is it?

The only legitimate excuse is that he's dead.

jugrunner
July 13, 2015, 08:39

I feel your pain HBR ... this quote from post #11 ...

"ETA: I did buy a STG barrel on GB from a member here ... he advertised it as having gaged it "as new" on both ends ... actually gaged +2 on the muzzle ... I let it go because I actually got the barrel in a timely manner (shocking) ... and the bullet still comes out the end ...

I don't do business with him anymore ..."

I too spoke with Adam on the phone before and after doing the GB deal ... nice enough on the phone ... not a good business man in the real world IMHO ...

had a good friend that got "took" ... I'll let him tell his side if he wishes ...

I know he (Adam) has had his ups and downs ... everyone does ... it's how you handle the "downs" that count ...

I'll never send him another dime ... !!!

flame on .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

words are cheap ... good deeds take effort ...

Shootability
July 13, 2015, 09:07
Falfiles is a rare bastion of good folks. I have enjoyed my time here and hope I have met the standard.:fal:

jugrunner
July 13, 2015, 09:28
I have never delt with Adam762 on any business agreement, only over the phone concerning a "possible" future need.....having only one phone conversation with him I was nothing but impressed.

I find it difficult to believe that this individual bent you over.

That being said.....Adam762......what do you have to say about this?

Is HBR butthurt or does he have legitimate beef?

I find it difficult to believe Adam762 would not make things right if he was in the wrong.

you've been here 3 yrs ... never had any work done by him ... you have the nerve to question HBR ... ??? ... you send him your money ... see if you get what you paid for and see how looooong it takes for you to get your fukin ... !!!