PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody got any experience with Windows 10 ?

moonbat60
June 07, 2015, 20:24
Hey guys,

for the past two weeks or so I get messages that I can upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10.

What's better and what's worse ?

Can anybody fill me in ? Where are significant differences ?

Is Windows 10 more user-friendly or not ?

I guess I might need to upgrade anyways in a few years...

What can you tell me ?

base704
June 07, 2015, 20:48
What can you tell me ?

Give up on Windows and move on... :biggrin:

SWOHFAL
June 07, 2015, 21:38
I believe it's not going to be ready until the end of July and in no way, shape or form would I become an "early adopter," especially considering how badly MS seems to screw everything up, especially at launch. Windows 7 is, IMO, as good as MS has ever done for an OS.

W.E.G.
June 07, 2015, 21:42
You can be pretty sure they've hidden the buttons extra-good that do things like:

print
save file
find
change font
change line-spacing

They already did such a bang-up job of hiding the "reveal codes" function that it is now absolutely impossible to remove hidden, and unwanted, document formatting without literally saving the document as a basic text file, and then re-formatting the entire document. If there is a way to fugk that up even more, they probably did.

...and forget about the OFF button

They want you to leave that shit on 24/7, so they can come in and snoop around your computer whenever they want.

rarecat
June 08, 2015, 07:04
I've been running Win 10 beta for a few months, it's going to be a decent OS. More like Win 7 than Win 8. Start menu is back, tiles are mostly gone. More mouse centric than touch.

Bash MS all you want but they listen and make changes based on customer feedback, Win 10 reflects this and will be likely be successful