PDA

View Full Version : Any Info On Savage 69 R-H?

EastgermanDDRguy
June 07, 2015, 19:46
Looking for some info on this weapon got one that was used by the Arizona Dept of emergency and military affairs and would like to know when it was maybe made (I know there are date markers I cant find them) and some general info about it. Thanks in advance.

MajHenryWest
June 08, 2015, 08:32
Savage and Stevens shotguns (the old company not necessarily the newly branded ones) were seen as budget model guns in their day, but were very well constructed and a great value, much like the High Standard line.

The Savage Model 69 also came in the RXL variant, which was an extended magazine tube riot gun in blue. It can be found on occasion in the much more
rare parkerized version.

Both the 69RXL and 69RH saw limited service in Vietnam.

They are a great entry point in the market for those interested in police and military shotguns.

EastgermanDDRguy
June 08, 2015, 10:41
Savage and Stevens shotguns (the old company not necessarily the newly branded ones) were seen as budget model guns in their day, but were very well constructed and a great value, much like the High Standard line.

The Savage Model 69 also came in the RXL variant, which was an extended magazine tube riot gun in blue. It can be found on occasion in the much more
rare parkerized version.

Both the 69RXL and 69RH saw limited service in Vietnam.

They are a great entry point in the market for those interested in police and military shotguns.

Cool I dint know that it was in nam I thought that it was only the 77E that was

MajHenryWest
June 10, 2015, 12:09
Cool I dint know that it was in nam I thought that it was only the 77E that was

While the Model 69 variants are still available and reasonably priced, I think that will change once more people realize what great value for money they are in the used market.

The 77E was more common in service, but I rarely see one for sale anymore.