PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds Custom - gets big dick award

Bug Tussell
May 28, 2015, 10:50
No mags and no responses to PMs.

So he gets the big dick award... or would that be the small dick award?

I should have noticed that he has so few feedbacks but he is a commercial vendor?

I should have also noticed that he leeches off the Files as a non-contributing vendor.

Slo cat
May 28, 2015, 11:03
I asked a simple question on his 1911 mag WTS thread and was ignored. Not a good sign.

slavicshooter
May 28, 2015, 13:19
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/slavicshooter/Mobile%20Uploads/s-l1000_zpszfd1mik7.jpg (http://s26.photobucket.com/user/slavicshooter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/s-l1000_zpszfd1mik7.jpg.html)

Flypaper
May 28, 2015, 13:32
Bug Tussel,
In this day and age checks clear in three days, four max.
It looks like your purchase was done 3 weeks ago... I highly doubt he even attempted to see if the check cleared.

That guy seems a real dick.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your product soon.

Bug Tussell
May 28, 2015, 13:56
Warturds response to me:

"GOOD
You're not very smart either.
You let everyone know YOU screwed up & didn't follow instructions.
You sent a check instead of USPS MO or paypal per my post.

Mags will not ship till the check clears my bank........that simple.
The only problems people have are the problems they create.
How you feel about that hotshot ? "

John Crusher
May 28, 2015, 15:15
I've done business with Tim for over 15 years and will have to disagree with you. Obviously you-he or he-you did not communicate very well and we all know what happens then. :?

Jaxxas
May 28, 2015, 15:47
I did business with him once, he's slow, makes excuses, but you will get your goods eventually.

Bug Tussell
May 28, 2015, 16:06
I've done business with Tim for over 15 years and will have to disagree with you. Obviously you-he or he-you did not communicate very well and we all know what happens then. :?

What made me go public is my PMs for status went ignored.

Considering that the check cleared my account the 12th I don't think that a status request was uncalled for.

the gman
May 28, 2015, 16:20
Bug Tussell is an exceptionally good man who has come through for me multiple times and his integrity is NOT in question.

Warbirds comes off as an arrogant cocksucker who knows more about everything than anyone else. His response proves it. F uck him.:mad:

rowjimmy
May 28, 2015, 17:20
There's battle lines being drawn, nobody's right, when everybody's wrong....

Bug Tussell
May 28, 2015, 17:27
There's battle lines being drawn, nobody's right, when everybody's wrong....

Sounds like the fine makings of a song.

slavicshooter
May 28, 2015, 18:55

Got to be a country song with one of the old stars singing....perhaps Merle Haggard.:bow:

gunplumber
May 28, 2015, 18:55
Warbirds comes off as an arrogant cocksucker who knows more about everything than anyone else. His response proves it. F uck him.:mad:

Meh - Hubris maybe. Arrogance isn't bad if you can do what you say . .. Just ask me. Arrogance is a virtue when I do it.

I too have always thought him a poindexter who just posted I-love-me shit without contributing anything of value.

gunplumber
May 28, 2015, 18:58

You're kidding right? Buffalo Springfield, 1967?

Written in response to the Kent State Incident. Remember - the one where brave National Guard riot-control citizen soldiers were forced to defend themselves against rock-throwing rioters and arsonists?

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5M_Ttstbgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

meltblown
May 28, 2015, 19:08

Written in response to the Kent State Incident. Remember - the one where brave National Guard riot-control citizen soldiers were forced to defend themselves against rock-throwing rioters and arsonists?

I'd tread a little lighter on the anti war demonstration shit. It was much of the same shit happening now, but back then. If John Kerry would have been offed in the melee, then you may have a different opinion. These are the fucks running the country to shit from back in the '60s.

2barearms
May 28, 2015, 19:13
Don't worry Boys and Girls, he'll be along shortly to point out your
faults and call every one names. Must be a bitch going thru life
with sand in your vagina.

gunplumber
May 28, 2015, 19:13
I'd tread a little lighter on the anti war demonstration shit. It was much of the same shit happening now, but back then. If John Kerry would have been offed in the melee, then you may have a different opinion. These are the fucks running the country to shit from back in the '60s.

A riot is not a demonstration or a protest. Pick a Molotov cocktail and you deserve to get a bullet to the brain pan. I support the anti-war protestors. But I do not support rioters, particularly inefficient ones.

Bug Tussell
May 28, 2015, 19:38

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5M_Ttstbgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes. I was kidding. I remember that song very well. It was very apropos.

I preferred "Ohio" though.

meltblown
May 28, 2015, 21:26
A riot is not a demonstration or a protest. Pick a Molotov cocktail and you deserve to get a bullet to the brain pan. I support the anti-war protestors. But I do not support rioters, particularly inefficient ones.

i was only about 8 or 9 years old at the end of the 70's. Television was so new that in the morning I would watch the national news. I was pretty aware for a kid. Looking back, so young and idealistic till the marxists have the bullets.

Abominog
May 28, 2015, 22:30
I'm going to pull a GP here.

He said USPS MO. You paid by check. By all legal mechanisms you failed to meet the terms of sale and are in default.

The fact that a check "clears" these days means nothing. His bank "cleared" it probably within 24 hours. There is no longer any "cleared". If your account defaults retroactively your check will bounce retroactively. Holding a check for 2 days or 12 days means nothing anymore.

Seller has no obligation to respond to inquiries if you fail to pay as required. Seller has no obligation to ship if you fail to pay as required until the court is satisfied that your payment is secured.

I'm sorry, you seem like a nice guy. But you failed to fulfill the agreed obligations of the contract. He owes you no correspondence, no accommodation. You owe him a USPS MO. Given that he deposited your check, he apparently has accepted your payment, but he also has an unlimited time (due to bank laws) to wait for it to actually "clear".

So sit and wait for your error to secure some level of certainty.

308/223shooter
May 28, 2015, 22:30
Get your mags yet?

Right Side Up
May 28, 2015, 22:55

He said USPS MO. You paid by check. By all legal mechanisms you failed to meet the terms of sale and are in default.

The fact that a check "clears" these days means nothing. His bank "cleared" it probably within 24 hours. There is no longer any "cleared". If your account defaults retroactively your check will bounce retroactively. Holding a check for 2 days or 12 days means nothing anymore.

Seller has no obligation to respond to inquiries if you fail to pay as required. Seller has no obligation to ship if you fail to pay as required until the court is satisfied that your payment is secured.

I'm sorry, you seem like a nice guy. But you failed to fulfill the agreed obligations of the contract. He owes you no correspondence, no accommodation. You owe him a USPS MO. Given that he deposited your check, he apparently has accepted your payment, but he also has an unlimited time (due to bank laws) to wait for it to actually "clear".

I gotta disagree. If taking a check was a deal breaker then it should have been returned and the goods relisted.

If you deposit a check, you're accepting it as payment. You can't wait weeks after it has cleared to send the guy his stuff.

308/223shooter
May 29, 2015, 01:57
^ This. Once the seller cashes or deposits the check, he's accepted it as payment. In my opinion he is either delaying shipping to be an arse, or he did ship the mags and they've gone missing.

slavicshooter
May 29, 2015, 07:18
Posts #22 and #23
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bug Tussell
May 29, 2015, 07:29

I disagree. He said that "USPS MO ships real fast." There was no mention that a check is verbotten. In my response to his market place ad I said " I will take them, where to send check?"

My gripe was his failure to respond to my PMs inquiring about status of order and his attitude.

Again, checks clear very fast these days.

augie1
May 29, 2015, 10:03

I know this is the FAL Files and not the M-14 Forums, but IIRC (I was a Junior in high school at the time) the M-14's used by the Ohio NG functioned properly on May 4, 1970. To paraphrase Gny. Sgt. Hartman, "Those individuals showed what one motivated Guardsman and his rifle can do!" :devil:

gunplumber
May 29, 2015, 10:28
I know this is the FAL Files and not the M-14 Forums, but IIRC (I was a Junior in high school at the time) the M-14's used by the Ohio NG functioned properly on May 4, 1970. To paraphrase Gny. Sgt. Hartman, "Those individuals showed what one motivated Guardsman and his rifle can do!" :devil:

You'd think the gunny would know a Garand from an M14.

http://www.wksu.org/news/images/35453/54122.jpg

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/5414.jpg

gunplumber
May 29, 2015, 10:34
BTW, this is not "peaceful protest"

Lesson (that should be) learned.

Don't throw bricks at a guy with a gun. Don't burn down buildings. Either action could result in "grown up" consequences. The validity of one's complaint is irrelevant to the inevitable outcome.

https://mendocoastcurrent.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ongtank.png

http://www.kentstate1970.org/images/sitecontent/kentstate/53114.jpg

4duece
May 29, 2015, 10:50

They had M-1 Garands. As for Warbird he is a SHITBIRD.:uhoh: If he accepted your check then he should have shipped your stuff. End of story.:wink:

Also so when do you think it's right to gun down your fellow Americans in the street Komrad? That Gunny can ESAD as far as I'm concerned.:eek::eek:

gunplumber
May 29, 2015, 10:53
Also so when do you think it's right to gun down your fellow Americans in the street Komrad?

When they torch buildings and throw bricks at me.

I wonder if the same thing happened in the recent Ferguson or Baltimore riots, if anyone would shed a tear?

Is it because those who experienced the logical consequences of their behavior choices, were white?

The KSU rioters were stupid . . . some terminally so. That's just a fact. It is immaterial what grievances they wished redressed, nor whether I agree with them.

djfin
May 29, 2015, 11:21
I gotta disagree. If taking a check was a deal breaker then it should have been returned and the goods relisted.

If you deposit a check, you're accepting it as payment. You can't wait weeks after it has cleared to send the guy his stuff.

FYI I received a back charge on a bounced check three weeks after it "cleared" my bank.

Texgunner
May 29, 2015, 11:40
The Buffalo Springfield song, "For What it's Worth" was released in January 1967. It was written to "commemorate" the so-called Sunset Strip Riots in November 1966. The song, written by Stephen Stills three weeks after the riots, was not an anti-war song at all. The shootings at Kent State University occurred on Monday May 4, 1970. I was a junior in high school when that happened.:)

2barearms
May 29, 2015, 11:43
FYI I received a back charge on a bounced check three weeks after it "cleared" my bank.

Shitbird should have stated that no other forms of payment were
acceptable. Bugs did telegraph his payment intent. I accept checks from
known members and Silver coins and bullion.

gunplumber
May 29, 2015, 11:46
The Buffalo Springfield song, "For What it's Worth" was released in January 1967. It was written to "commemorate" the so-called Sunset Strip Riots in November 1966. The song, written by Stephen Stills three weeks after the riots, was not an anti-war song at all. The shootings at Kent State University occurred on Monday May 4, 1970. I was a junior in high school when that happened.:)

Thanks for the correction. I'd never heard of it before.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/11/sights_and_sounds_of_the_november_1966_sunset_stri p_riots.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Strip_curfew_riots

Texgunner
May 29, 2015, 11:47
Thanks for the correction.

You're welcome.

augie1
May 29, 2015, 12:58
Garand, yes. M-14, no. I stand corrected. Final results at Kent State the same- Ohio NG wins in a landslide. 30-06 trumps rocks and tear gas canisters every time. As Bob Dylan once said in song, "One should never be, where one does not belong" In this case one should never be on the muzzle side of a Garand.

Bug Tussell
May 29, 2015, 13:01
Without checking I would have said M-14 as well.

augie1
May 29, 2015, 13:03
Also, Neil Young's 'Ohio' was written to protest this incident. Originally released as a single. "Tin soldiers and Nixon coming..........."

4duece
May 29, 2015, 15:02
Garand, yes. M-14, no. I stand corrected. Final results at Kent State the same- Ohio NG wins in a landslide. 30-06 trumps rocks and tear gas canisters every time. As Bob Dylan once said in song, "One should never be, where one does not belong" In this case one should never be on the muzzle side of a Garand.

WTF does that have to do with Warbird being a DICK ?

Bug Tussell
May 29, 2015, 16:51
WTF does that have to do with Warbird being a DICK ?

Nothing... Warbird is still a dick whereas knowledge is its' own reward.

Jarhead504
May 29, 2015, 18:31
Were all the stoodints that were kilt ACTUALLY part of the protesting/rioting or were they just walking on campus going from class to class. Shooting a sumof abitch who is throwing rocks and molotovs at you is one thing but just firing away at everybody is a fascist thing to do.

Were there ever any repercussions at the National Guardsmen? Did any of them ever go to jail for the shootings?

Jarhead

gunplumber
May 29, 2015, 19:55
I suspect that nobody was "merely walking to class" with teargas, burning buildings, and the national guard deployed with APCs.

RG Coburn
May 30, 2015, 10:00
When paying for things online,inquire specifically about payment method.Ask. Don't assume that the guy on the other end has a spectacular view of your character,and send them a personal check. If it says,"USPS money order",just send that.Not a Walmart money order,not a western union money order,not a personal check. Its a kick in the nuts for the guy selling the item. He posts,"SPF" and very likely lost other solid "I'll take its" that would have met his terms of payment. He either has to waste his time and screw with his posts to re-list the item,if he returns the check,or suck it up,hope the check clears,deal with the buyer crying about slow shipping,and risk a crappy feedback.
Isn't there stickies on this sort of problem?

308/223shooter
May 30, 2015, 13:00
When paying for things online,inquire specifically about payment method.Ask. Don't assume that the guy on the other end has a spectacular view of your character,and send them a personal check. If it says,"USPS money order",just send that.Not a Walmart money order,not a western union money order,not a personal check. Its a kick in the nuts for the guy selling the item. He posts,"SPF" and very likely lost other solid "I'll take its" that would have met his terms of payment. He either has to waste his time and screw with his posts to re-list the item,if he returns the check,or suck it up,hope the check clears,deal with the buyer crying about slow shipping,and risk a crappy feedback.
Isn't there stickies on this sort of problem?

True, but the seller went ahead and cashed the check, then failed to ship the mags in a timely manner. If he was so bloody butthurt over the check and didn't want it, he should've returned it and cancelled the sale.

308/223shooter
May 30, 2015, 13:02
And on that note, I prefer postal mo's but will take a check from known members. If Warbird was a true member here and not just a MP user, he'd know that Bug is one of the real good guys here, and his check would be stellar.

RG Coburn
May 30, 2015, 20:28
True, but the seller went ahead and cashed the check, then failed to ship the mags in a timely manner. If he was so bloody butthurt over the check and didn't want it, he should've returned it and cancelled the sale.

"USPS MO ships real fast." There was no mention that a check is verboten

Assuming a personal check is okay as long as nobody sez otherwise? really? I'd always inquire first,before assuming it would be,let alone actually mailing it.
Simply sending the type of money order he requested would have most likely smoothed out any bumps from either side.
Some guys do get all weird about sending a money order across the country to someone they do not know. Understandable. That said,I never spend more buying something online,then what I would be prepared to lose.
Hopefully,everybody walks away from this a bit smarter.

Jaxxas
May 30, 2015, 21:41
"USPS MO ships real fast."

Doesn't mean anything, said pretty much the same when I bought from him,

Price is $750. UPS insured.
1rst I'll take it rules apply.
Postal money order ships fast.
Personal checks are held 10-14 business days per bank rules.

I sent a PMO the next day and it took a full 16 days for him to ship. Said it took 14 days for the PMO to reach him, from AZ to TX!

Won't happen again!:wink:

Bug Tussell
May 30, 2015, 22:15

I sent a PMO the next day and it took a full 16 days for him to ship. Said it took 14 days for the PMO to reach him, from AZ to TX!

My normal reference check is to see how long a seller has been a member and to see if there are any negative ratings. In Warturds case he's been a member for quite awhile (IIRC 2006) with surprising few ratings for a guy whose user name is all about business. That should have set off my spidey sense but hell, he's been around for quite awhile.

The one thing that did kind of bug me was him not bothering to contribute even though his profile is all about a business. I should have known that dealing with a leech would not be a good thing.

Live and learn.

RG Coburn
May 31, 2015, 13:31

US Postal has been slow lately. I bought an antenna from a guy in Oscoda Michigan,which is literally just acrossed the Saginaw Bay from me. It took about 10 days for it to get here,priority mail. I could have rowed my boat acrossed the bay and gotten it faster.

JohnnyV1966
May 31, 2015, 15:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68g76j9VBvM

Actually, Kent State occurred on May 4, 1970.

Several Guardsmen were injured to the point of requiring Hospitalization, broken bones, lacerations etc.

Obviously those throwing the rocks at a group of Armed Men were not to bright. Hard to believe anyone attending a University would be so stupid to throw rocks at a group of Armed men. Sad to say one of those shot to death was an ROTC Cadet who was not wise enough to stay out of the area.

Perhaps its called Natural Selection. Who knows some of the Guardsmen may have been College Students themselves.

The song you are thinking of is "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68g76j9VBvM

Jaxxas
May 31, 2015, 15:05
US Postal has been slow lately. I bought an antenna from a guy in Oscoda Michigan,which is literally just acrossed the Saginaw Bay from me. It took about 10 days for it to get here,priority mail. I could have rowed my boat acrossed the bay and gotten it faster.

My transaction was in January.

4duece
May 31, 2015, 18:41
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/slavicshooter/Mobile%20Uploads/s-l1000_zpszfd1mik7.jpg (http://s26.photobucket.com/user/slavicshooter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/s-l1000_zpszfd1mik7.jpg.html)

8 Dead in O'hio. She Loves My Cock! by Jackel.

Have it your way.

hueyville
May 31, 2015, 21:36
Two things have noticed about Warbird. He uses the Files only to sell his wares and occasionally belittle someone selling night vision gear as unqualified to do so and that his NV equipment is better than anyone else's. Otherwise he is just an occasional blip on the radar screen.

RG Coburn
June 01, 2015, 22:14
My transaction was in January.

Well,in January,I coulda walked acrossed....:biggrin:

Blackmore
June 08, 2015, 16:42
Two things have noticed about Warbird. He uses the Files only to sell his wares and occasionally belittle someone selling night vision gear as unqualified to do so and that his NV equipment is better than anyone else's. Otherwise he is just an occasional blip on the radar screen.

If you're going to be arrogant, at least contribute some knowledge to the board on a regular basis.

Bug Tussell
June 08, 2015, 18:43
If you're going to be arrogant, at least contribute some knowledge to the board on a regular basis.

Hueyville not contribute?

You can't shut that guy up. His experience fountain runneth over mightly.

gunplumber
June 08, 2015, 18:48
Hueyville not contribute?

You can't shut that guy up. His experience fountain runneth over mightly.

I think he had a different arrogant bastard in mind . .. .

tdb59
June 08, 2015, 19:27
I think he had a different arrogant bastard in mind . .. .

^ That post is what one could call redundant.

:wink:

308/223shooter
June 08, 2015, 21:06
^ That post is what one could call redundant.

:wink:

That's because there can be only one. :smile: