PDA

View Full Version : Yugo N Pap/Pap pistol parts.

urbanhermit
May 12, 2015, 00:01
Hello everyone, I have an opportunity to pick up an N Pap at a very cheap price (receiver is trashed). I was thinking it would be a good one to make an SBR out of but I cant seem to locate any of the newer Zastava pieces and parts. Is there anything Im missing or are they just not available? I know where I can get a ton of other AK parts but I happen to like the Yugo front ends and just wanna buy the correct parts to convert it without having to pay for a whole parts kit. Anybody got anything?

urbanhermit
May 14, 2015, 13:50
Really? Nobody?

Mr.JayJay
May 30, 2015, 05:38
Have a friend that picked one of the PAP pistols up to SBR. He is going to go the ACE stock route when he gets his paperwork back due to the PIA it will be to add a under folding stock to it. As for new parts floating around of recent manufacture for them I have not seen any. Everything seems to be old parts from back in the Yugoslavian days of Serbia. The PAP pistols appear to have a uncut Under Folder Trunion in the rear which doesn't help with converting it to look "authentic". Sort of stuck paying more than you need to for a conversion to a proper stock or go the ACE route.

urbanhermit
June 06, 2015, 15:02
Yeah, I looked into PAPs as well. They are actually my front runner choice. This is because of the ACE stocks. The only reason I was looking for Yugo krink parts was because I could get this NPAP rifle for cheap and I was just gonna use it as a parts kit for the front trunnion, bolt/carrier, trigger, and some other odds and ends. In other words, since Id be the one doing the labor, I wouldnt be spending as much.

RadScorpius
June 06, 2015, 15:54
How is the receiver trashed? And any Yugo internal parts will work.

urbanhermit
June 06, 2015, 17:08
Yeah I get that. I mentioned the trigger because its just that much less I have to spend. The receiver is trashed because the trigger pin hole is wallowed out. Enough that it will trash new pin retaining plates after a few hundred rounds.Not only that, if I was using it as a parts kit anyway to build an sbr, I may or may not want a different rear trunnion anyway. On the other hand, ACE makes an adapter for those NPAP through-stock screw trunnions also.

Arik
June 09, 2015, 07:14
What newer parts are you looking for? You already have everything but the receiver!

urbanhermit
June 10, 2015, 11:32
If you read my OP, it says I was looking to SBR it. I was looking for standard Yugo pistol/krink gasblocks so I wouldnt have to thread the barrel. I have abandoned this as I cant find said gasblocks anywhere. I think Im gonna use one of the Bolton blocks and just have to thread the barrel for 5/8 x 28 (Yugos are a little heavier contour). I get the concepts behind the guns and how to put them together. I was just looking for a source for the parts I wanted.