PDA

View Full Version : Best way to build an operating MP-5?

Roadmarker
May 11, 2015, 21:15
I don't know why I think I need this, but I think I do...LOL.
I'm probably going to give up on my FAL 9mm project and thought that maybe an MP-5 type clone would fit with my wants.
I haven't done a lot of study on the matter yet, so I thought I'd start by asking here.
What would be the most affordable way to build a decent MP-5 clone? Semi-auto.

dandaman
May 11, 2015, 22:12
Buy a POF MP5 clone for $1200 - 1400 or a Bobcat for $1800 - 2400

If i was you i wouldn't build a MP5 from scratch unless you ready to spend a crap ton of money on a weld machine, HK specialty tools, and a $1400+ part kit.

Just do like me and go in the PTR direction for $1000 and call it a day. I have an itch for MP5 type guns too. :D

Roadmarker
May 12, 2015, 12:16
Thanks for the ideas. This looks like it is going to get interesting. I appreciate any help I can get. I just like the idea of a pistol caliber carbine.
It makes sense as far as I went with 9mm for the handguns and I'm trying to limit my ammo to 9mm and .308. Heck, it was hard for me to decide to go with the 9mm, but I finally figured out that it was a back-up and even a .45 or .40 or 10mm is a pistol round.
With a carbine barrel the 9mm actually get up to 10mm velocity and are good for home defense or CQB out to 100 yards!
EDIT: Finally came to see reason, It's stupid to do either pistol caliber carbine project. Hell, it would be 7 times cheaper to buy a Hi-point Carbine and be done with it.