PDA

View Full Version : Cz 452 trainer/ultra lux

Garuda
May 07, 2015, 18:47
Anybody know of any stores that still carry these?

First choice would be a military trainer 2nd the ultra lux.

Favoring these two as they come with iron sights.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

:)

Seven Click's Up
May 07, 2015, 22:49
Try Bud's gunshop.

MAINER
May 08, 2015, 16:49
You can try this place, but I have no info on it other than they claim to have been picking up all the 452's they could find.
http://preciseshooter.com/Products/CZ452.aspx

Good luck. :)

Garuda
May 08, 2015, 17:13
Thank you guys!

toys
May 08, 2015, 17:16
start googling.

check the gun auction/selling site.

check out whittakers

youre late to the party too

just remember that being late to the party will cost you.

Garuda
May 08, 2015, 17:18
I've been googling and most recommended posts I have located. Was hoping for another best kept secret I guess.

Hate being late to the party. Seems like the case for FAL and now 452s.

Appreciate the response. :)

toys
May 08, 2015, 21:32
I've been googling and most recommended posts I have located. Was hoping for another best kept secret I guess.

Hate being late to the party. Seems like the case for FAL and now 452s.

Appreciate the response. :)

The idea is not to just do it once, but for as long as it takes or until you decide its not worth the work.

Is there any reason why you dont like the 455s ?

edit to add. Doing a search on GB i found these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=481843080

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482625168

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482644240

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482644241

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482644350

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482278629

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482496395

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=479525840

Garuda
May 08, 2015, 23:48
Thanks toys.

I've been googling on the daily, GB as well. My mistake, I thought the ZK was the scout, kid model. Appreciate the links. I'll most likely snatch up one of these and call it a day.

I figured the 452 is tried and true and "they don't make them like the used to" not saying the 455 is not, but willing to bet the 452 is more so than the 455.

Being a service writer at an Indy BMW repair shop has made me really jaded. Planned obsolescence is everywhere, I like to look for items that aren't. Precious few things are these days, like a zippo lighter.

toys
May 09, 2015, 15:30
I've been googling on the daily, GB as well. My mistake, I thought the ZK was the scout, kid model. Appreciate the links. I'll most likely snatch up one of these and call it a day.

when searching for things i do the KISS. being more descriptive can help filter out the garbage, but if what youre looking for is rare, then id rather sort through the garbage. sometimes a finger will hit the wrong key, so that can affect your search too and how the add is found and posted.

I figured the 452 is tried and true and "they don't make them like the used to" not saying the 455 is not, but willing to bet the 452 is more so than the 455..

check out Rimfirecentral under the CZ board. Theres alot of info there for the RF people.

If youre interested, keep your eye out for a 453. They have the single set (SST) trigger and are in my opinion, sweet. Never had a single set anything before and i will choose them over the plan trigger.

If you want swappable barrels, the 455 is where its at. CZ went to faster/cheaper on the 455, but from what i understand, the bugs have been worked out. Once they come out with an SST, if they do, then i will be getting some 455s

I dont have any 455s, yet, so i cant say, but they appear to be well made.

Being a service writer at an Indy BMW repair shop has made me really jaded. Planned obsolescence is everywhere, I like to look for items that aren't. Precious few things are these days, like a zippo lighter.

i can feel your pain, but i see "planned obsolescence" as part of capitalism. If all consumer items lasted forever and worked 1000%, then there wouldnt be any 1% or maybe not as many. my friend saying is "greed overcomes all doubt" and i follow that too.

my background is Mechanical Engineering and one of the concepts is to do more with less. While that may work in some places, sometimes it isnt doable or if you consider billions of things begin made and trashed.

Garuda
May 09, 2015, 17:56
when searching for things i do the KISS. being more descriptive can help filter out the garbage, but if what youre looking for is rare, then id rather sort through the garbage. sometimes a finger will hit the wrong key, so that can affect your search too and how the add is found and posted.

check out Rimfirecentral under the CZ board. Theres alot of info there for the RF people.

If youre interested, keep your eye out for a 453. They have the single set (SST) trigger and are in my opinion, sweet. Never had a single set anything before and i will choose them over the plan trigger.

i can feel your pain, but i see "planned obsolescence" as part of capitalism. If all consumer items lasted forever and worked 1000%, then there wouldnt be any 1% or maybe not as many. my friend saying is "greed overcomes all doubt" and i follow that too.

my background is Mechanical Engineering and one of the concepts is to do more with less. While that may work in some places, sometimes it isnt doable or if you consider billions of things begin made and trashed.

Agreed. I understand I'm a 1%, and that keeps people buying new things. As long as there are options for people like me I'm happy.

I've heard good things about the 453 as well. No ones biting on these Trainers right now, I'm going to see if I can get a lower price as shipping and FFl is adding up quick!

pjpjr
May 11, 2015, 00:02
Anybody know of any stores that still carry these?

First choice would be a military trainer 2nd the ultra lux.

Favoring these two as they come with iron sights.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

:)
Just be aware that these rifles have very tight chambers and will not chamber CCI ammo due to bullet design. I own/have owned numerous CZ rifles, although extremely nice and great value the limitations on ammo can be a problem for some guys.......just FYI:)

ftierson
May 11, 2015, 00:27
Just be aware that these rifles have very tight chambers and will not chamber CCI ammo due to bullet design. I own/have owned numerous CZ rifles, although extremely nice and great value the limitations on ammo can be a problem for some guys.......just FYI:)

Are you talking about the CCI Stinger?

I do have one of the CZ 452-2E ZKM trainers. This comment made me go and check my shooting records for the rifle and I find that I've only shot the (what at the time was) super-cheap Winchester .22LR Dynapoint HP (which is a copper plated 40gr solid with a slight dimple in the nose as a 'HP'). I have never had any problem with this cheap ammo, and I know of no difference in bullet design between most of the CCI ammo (except the Stinger) and most other .22LR ammo that would present problems in the CZ452.

Having said that, I haven't shot any CCI ammo in the rifle and wouldn't have tried Stingers anyway since the European .22LR chamber is known to present problems with the longer case of the Stinger...

Then again, maybe there's really something that I don't know here and I'm just full of shit... :)

Forrest

Garuda
May 11, 2015, 03:10

Really!?!! Interesting,...... Hope not. It's all I have stocked.

MAINER
May 12, 2015, 09:19
Garuda, obviously, the solution to this problem is to ship a box of CCI's to Forrest to test in his 452.
Then, you will know if there will be a problem with the ammo in the 452 and Forrest will know if he is fulla shit or not, as will we all. :devil:

Just tryin' to help. :whistling:

Garuda
May 12, 2015, 14:09
haha! good one.

I don't even think there's an easy inexpensive way to do that from where I'm at. I think I need to enhance my maritime skills with something more open sea worthy. :D

My experience is limited to the 5'5 to 6'4 potato chip thickness surf board variety.

Garuda, obviously, the solution to this problem is to ship a box of CCI's to Forrest to test in his 452.
Then, you will know if there will be a problem with the ammo in the 452 and Forrest will know if he is fulla shit or not, as will we all. :devil:

ftierson
May 12, 2015, 14:30

Well, at the core of science is the testing of hypotheses... :)

While I won't have the chance to shoot anything for a bit (this is a busy time at work for me), I will try chambering some different ammo in the CZ452 later after I get home from work and see what happens... :)

Forrest

ftierson
May 13, 2015, 00:53
Finally got a chance to pull out the CZ452-2E ZKM and 'test' it (although, in retrospect, I'm not sure exactly what I was testing except whether it would chamber certain rounds (and the differences in the ease of doing so))...

The rifle is like new, SN 8183xx...

I chambered several each of the following rounds (and all chambered equally easily, feeding from the mag into the chamber):

Federal 40gr High Velocity Plated Solid (710)
Remington 40gr Golden Bullet (1522)
Remington 36gr Viper (truncated cone bullet)
CCI 40gr CCI Mini-mag
CCI CB Long
Winchester 40gr Super-X Solid
Eley Tenex
Hansen HV 40gr Solid (made in Yugoslavia)

and finally, on a lark,

CCI Stinger

All chambered equally easily (I was surprised with the Stinger).

I fired none of them for this 'test'...

For what little the test was/is worth... :)

Forrest

PS So, MAINER, I guess that the jury is still out on the full-of-shit aspect of all this... :)

MAINER
May 13, 2015, 10:36
haha! good one.

I don't even think there's an easy inexpensive way to do that from where I'm at. I think I need to enhance my maritime skills with something more open sea worthy. :D

My experience is limited to the 5'5 to 6'4 potato chip thickness surf board variety.

I wanted to try surfing when I was in HI in '64, but the folks that know about such things said it would probably be a good idea if I learned to swim first. :whistling:
Six years in the Navy including five years of sea duty and I never got the hang of staying afloat in the water except with a little help from Mae. :sad:

Forrest, you might be full of prunes, but you got a ways to go on the shits. :tongue:
That's a good bit of testing and should alleviate anyone's concerns about 452's being fussy about the ammo it's using.
A couple years ago, a local shop that is a CZ dealer and had a 452 for me to admire, but with Winchesters in Models 52. 69, 75, and a somewhat rough, but neat Chas. Daly Zastavia and now a Ruger 10/22, the .22 rimfire rifle section is pretty well covered. Maybe, if I found one on sale? :whistling:

Now, if rimfire ammo would just become available cheap enough for my Scottish side to deal with. :redface:

Garuda
May 13, 2015, 21:57
Ha! It's never too late.

I see many people on stand up paddle boards these days. 5 years ago they didn't exist. It's amazing what people come up with evrn though it's a combination of two sports.

Awesome to hear the CCI's chamber!

Garuda
May 19, 2015, 14:49
My trainer should be here on Wednesday! Woohoo!:smile:

Thanks to all who contributed.

Pics to follow.

Now to find some mags.