PDA

View Full Version : Norinco M14 FH/MB

FALuvr
May 06, 2015, 13:24
What's the scoop on swappimg out the "phony" slot-less FH/MB on a Norinco M14 for a USGI one? Will it fit the alighnment slots on the barrel? I've been told the Norinco nut has to be used, I've been told the GI nut has to be used, I'm told it won't fit because ID's are different diameter. Anyone done this? Please enlighten me, O' wise and learned ones.
Just asking.................

AliYahu
May 06, 2015, 14:06
I did it back in the 90s, used the Poly-Tech (they're the same) nut as the barrel is metric. Slid right on, be careful of alignment as you would be on any M14.

Eli

2barearms
May 06, 2015, 16:21
There are 2 things that can trip you up when trying to 'upgrade'
a Polytech/Norinco M14. The FH castlenut has been known to be tack welded.
The Stock is different and a Wood GI stock will allow the Op Rod Guide connector
pin to move over far enough for it to come out. There is basically no way to
remove the chicom pin either, without some serious machine work. Those are
the 2 biggest pains. The Bolt requires some careful fitting also.

Warbirds Custom Guns
May 06, 2015, 22:06
What's the scoop on swappimg out the "phony" slot-less FH/MB on a Norinco M14 for a USGI one? Will it fit the alighnment slots on the barrel? I've been told the Norinco nut has to be used, I've been told the GI nut has to be used, I'm told it won't fit because ID's are different diameter. Anyone done this? Please enlighten me, O' wise and learned ones.
Just asking.................
Since you only asked about the flashider, I'll just give a short answer.

The chinese unit can be swapped with any USGI or commercial muzzle device you want to install unless it's a direct threaded part. Just use the original castle nut & you're GTG.
I do it all the time.