PDA

View Full Version : Dr Trumpet PVS14

BamaFal
May 04, 2015, 21:26
I have for sometime suffered with champaign tastes and a falstaff pocketbook. Yet through patience and the willingness to watch what the smart Falers do, salute to OHC, I purchased a PVS14 from Dr Trumpet.

The product is a new housing with a proven tube. Accessories: New Manual, eyepiece, optical tissue and translucent front cover.

Just came in from the first night use and can only say it was just amazing.

The process involved a number of communications with the Dr where he was quick to respond to questions and make suggestions. He set proper expectations and met every time commitment.

It is great to have a resource and do business with Dr. Trumpet.

Bug Tussell
May 05, 2015, 10:05

The process involved a number of communications with the Dr where he was quick to respond to questions and make suggestions. He set proper expectations and met every time commitment.

It is great to have a resource and do business with Dr. Trumpet.

I agree but I'm not doing anymore business with him cuz he just keeps waving better deals at me so then I gotta keep eating bologna sandwiches like forever ....... heartless bastard.

BamaFal
May 05, 2015, 12:53
NFADLR

Taking small bites of the apple. The plan is ops core bump helmet. Laser mounted to rifle.

At some point LaRue rifle mount.

Walked the property after dusk and before moonrise last night.

Based on my experience I plan additional purchases. The price/quality of the delivered product puts DRTrumpet on the top of my list. He provided thru the tube pictures.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/GarDav25/media/NVD/f020addcd5e1b9363eefd185b8afad45.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/GarDav25/media/NVD/680bbf4859649985ab6fb7a2cc831ed2.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1

gates
May 23, 2015, 00:14
Just received the PVS14 DRtumpet sold me - tube is an older ANVIS Gen III in a new housing, a few observations:

* As long as there is SOME ambient light the scope performs about as well as my $3500 TNVC scope albeit with more noise (scintillation), with little to no light you need to switch on the IR illuminator. The TNVC modern scope is hands down miles ahead in this area but that was disclosed and not a big deal for my intended use.

* Being an ANVIS tube in a PVS14 housing the gain control on the front of the unit is inoperable - all the way, all the time - which is fine.

* The artifacts in the tube are noticeable but do not detract from the usefulness of the scope and were disclosed.

All in all - great scope for the $, it obviously doesn't perform as well as a factory new autogated gen III Pinnacle tube but it wasn't $3500 either.

Great seller, accurate description of the product, smooth transaction - I'd buy another from him if I needed one.

gates
May 23, 2015, 02:07
I was mistaken on the GAIN function - this unit has AUTO gain.