PDA

View Full Version : RIA 1911's

CivyBlue
April 28, 2015, 23:28
Bought my future father in law a full size 1911. He always loved the style and feel since he's a bigger guy. He's all about sacrificing for family and a very humble guy so I decided to buy him Good Guy Award.

Anyway to the question at hand....I basically love the feel and recoil of his 1911 but idk if Glock has anything comparable in recoil. It seriously recoils lighter then my G23.

Any advice?

fnogger
April 29, 2015, 07:28
Nothing wrong with a RIA 1911. Just sold mine after 6 years of ownership to finance a CZ 75 BD.

If I were buying today, I'd get the combo kit wth the 45 and the 22 conversion.

CivyBlue
April 29, 2015, 09:32
Link?

And I'm doing the same looking for a conversion barrel to shoot 9 for training. Plus get my girl into shooting more. :wink:

MAINER
April 29, 2015, 10:21
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_876/Rock+Island+Armory/

fnogger
April 29, 2015, 11:49
Link?

And I'm doing the same looking for a conversion barrel to shoot 9 for training. Plus get my girl into shooting more. :wink:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_876/products_id/411553507/Rock+Island+Armory+51937+XT+2245+Combo+8%2B110%2B1 +45ACP22LR+5%22

nearmisses
April 30, 2015, 13:39
Link?

You'll need a 9mm barrel, extractor, slide, ejector and magazines if you want to do that. I know many smaller gals shoot full size 1911's extremly well. I do have a Kimber 22LR conversion works well and thought of doing a 10mm as well but the cost is such an entire weapon can be just as cheap.

fnogger
April 30, 2015, 14:21
You'll need a 9mm barrel, extractor, slide, ejector and magazines if you want to do that. I know many smaller gals shoot full size 1911's extremly well. I do have a Kimber 22LR conversion works well and thought of doing a 10mm as well but the cost is such an entire weapon can be just as cheap.

My daughter could shoot mine at 12 w/ no issues, my son at 9 with no issues. They both prefer the GSG 1911-22 though... but a mag or two thru the 45 never bothered them.

Blackmore
May 01, 2015, 05:50
Doesn't have to be RIA to be a quality Armscor pistol. They also make Citadel and made a bunch that are High Standard marked. I have a 3.5" Crusader Compact marked "APINTL PAHRUMP NV PHILIPPINES"

gunplumber
May 01, 2015, 08:55
Yeah, even the STI pistols are coming with frames made in the Philippines.

Kingtubby
May 01, 2015, 12:43
I just picked up one of those armscor/ria 22tcm 1911's. I like it alot. Its been 100% reliable for about 80rds and blows the shit out of a milk jug like pistol rounds just cant manage unless you hit it just right. Like a rifle round out of a 1911. Purdy cool.

legion489
May 01, 2015, 16:53
Shooters Arms (Century) is also made in the Phil. The one I bought from Century had the best trigger pull of ANY factory 1911 I have seen, and quite a few custom guns as well! It also worked right out of the box, so it beat the snot out of the Kimbers I've seen, at HALF the price! Of course the list with everyone who worked on it and had to sign off on it probably helped! If the gun was a POS like the Kimber, SOMEONE'S head would have rolled!

CivyBlue
May 01, 2015, 18:56
Shooters Arms (Century) is also made in the Phil. The one I bought from Century had the best trigger pull of ANY factory 1911 I have seen, and quite a few custom guns as well! It also worked right out of the box, so it beat the snot out of the Kimbers I've seen, at HALF the price! Of course the list with everyone who worked on it and had to sign off on it probably helped! If the gun was a POS like the Kimber, SOMEONE'S head would have rolled!

I know what you mean, this one came off a state trooper who had trigger work done and machined and polished everything. Its an awesome shooter!

Roland
May 10, 2015, 20:50
I know what you mean, this one came off a state trooper who had trigger work done and machined and polished everything. Its an awesome shooter!******** ***************** ***************************************** width="1" height="1"><param value="*********************************************"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="*********************************************" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Your father in law is a very lucky man then :)