PDA

View Full Version : New H&R garand. May be dang close to correct..

Reconinforce
April 27, 2015, 12:33
Hi guys. Just picked up my first H&R! Came in from cmp today.

Want to pick your brains. Looks really good. Near correct? Let me know what you think or if I need to check other stuff. I'll tear into it more later.

Trigger housing: 6528290 HRA an
Barrel 1+/2+, HRA 10/55 (in the white)
Hammer Hra
Safety HRA
Win/elevation HRA
Stock 1/2" dod..
Gas plug "P X"
No marks on gas cyl
Op Rod SA d35382 6 SA cut. Did they ever use these?

Wood matches. Stock has minor dings.

Overall I think this is a great rifle. No rebuild marks found..

http://imgur.com/a/4dilS

VALMET
April 27, 2015, 12:46
Congrats on your new M1! My H&R came out of the CMP in late 2012 and was mostly correct also with the exception of a WRA trigger group and SA op-rod. I'm planning on swapping out those parts for HRA sometime. Lots of Garands can be a crap shoot on parts.

sweetwine
April 27, 2015, 12:46
WOW! You did good. Does the stock have the flat area behind the receiver? How's the barrel grade?

shortround
April 27, 2015, 15:47
Your serial number puts production at late 55/early 56 which matches the barrel. The Oprod looks like a late 42/early 43 Springfield. Other than that, looks to be mostly correct.

http://usriflecal30m1.com/Parts/PartsMFG.aspx?mfg=HRA&ctl00_cphBody_rgPartsChangePage=1_50

Reconinforce
April 27, 2015, 17:00
Measured the gas cyl and the front sight and they are within the right ranges for this HRA receiver. Now to open up the trigger group.

1911Ron
April 28, 2015, 09:08
Is there any electro penciling on the receiver leg? If there is it has been rebuilt if not it may be how it came from the factory with the exception of the oprod sounds like.

Reconinforce
April 28, 2015, 09:51
Is there any electro penciling on the receiver leg? If there is it has been rebuilt if not it may be how it came from the factory with the exception of the oprod sounds like.

No rebuild markings of any kind that I see.

After digging through it the only non HRA parts found are the gas plug, op Rod, and front sight screw.