View Full Version : Build or buy?

April 20, 2015, 17:09
Looking to do an hk91 or clone. Build or buy? If build please refer me to receivers and parts kits.

April 20, 2015, 18:14
Buying is probably the cheapest route.
I'm a big fan of the Springfield G3, SAR3, SAR8 models.
They were built in Greece to HK specs for a lot less $$ than an HK.

I do have 2 builds by a known HK builder that are super quality, but they cost me more $$.

If you go the build route, Are you going to do the work yourself or send it to an HK smith ?

April 20, 2015, 19:24
If your building yourself and your not going to use one of the Jig systems that Weaponsguild has on there tutorials, then this type system works well.

91 Receiver flats are made by two companies currently and sold by multiple vendors so check for pricing. 33 flats is only one source and if you find one count yourself lucky. MP5 flats - Do yourself a favor and stick with LSC enough said.

Barrels can be hard to find sometimes so look at all the vendors.

parts kit are expensive and currently it seems that HKPARTS is the only holder of kits currently if your build the G3/91.

If your looking at at a 33 build try Apex they may still have some in stock

April 20, 2015, 20:49
Buying complete will probably cost you less in the long run. Better resell as well.
Been covered a couple of times.

April 20, 2015, 20:52
Greek built SAR8. short of an H&K you will never get closer to the real deal.

April 24, 2015, 00:56
Greek-built SAR3 is THE closest thing to a HK91. Other than that get with a guy know as Ghilliebear. He builds beautiful G3/HK91 clones that run like raped apes!