PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually seen a Galil ACE on shelves yet?

VALMET
April 19, 2015, 14:15
IIRC I read that the new Galil ACE rifles in 7.62x39 were going to be hitting dealers shelves in March or April. Has anyone actually seen one yet?

FullMetalMike
April 19, 2015, 17:02
I havent...
I havent searched super extensively online, but I havent seen anything that made me think they were out yet.

I would like to get my hands on one and make a final decision. Im on the fence and I keep tipping back and forth on them.

VALMET
April 19, 2015, 17:50
I'm on the fence too. Atlantic Firearms has them advertised for like $1700 or $1800 but has them on order I don't think they have any in stock as of yet.

Bubacus
April 19, 2015, 18:05
Still waiting to hear about the .308 version. I've seen prices suggested around 2K though:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Israel_Weapon_Industries_IWI_ACE_52_7.62x51mm_NATO _Battle_Rifle_2.jpg

VALMET
April 19, 2015, 18:13
I'd love to get my hands in the 308 version also but your likely correct on the $2k price (or more).

FullMetalMike
April 19, 2015, 21:27
Im not crazy about the price, but it doesnt bother me as much as some of the design decisions that they made.

I dont mind paying that much for a gun if I feel like Im getting what I pay for... but I dont like that I cant change out grips, that they used a proprietary stock tube, and that the handguard is so short.

I know its easy to fix the stock and handguard thing with aftermarket parts (hopefully), but like I said... Id rather get what I paid for. If Im going to pay nearly 2K for whats essentially just an AK, Id like to be able to throw any stock I want on it right away and use whatever grip I like. Youd think they would make it compatible with AR/AK parts.

Who knows how long it will be until a decent selection of aftermarket parts are made for it.