View Full Version : Anyone actually seen a Galil ACE on shelves yet?

April 19, 2015, 14:15
IIRC I read that the new Galil ACE rifles in 7.62x39 were going to be hitting dealers shelves in March or April. Has anyone actually seen one yet?

April 19, 2015, 17:02
I havent...
I havent searched super extensively online, but I havent seen anything that made me think they were out yet.

I would like to get my hands on one and make a final decision. Im on the fence and I keep tipping back and forth on them.

April 19, 2015, 17:50
I'm on the fence too. Atlantic Firearms has them advertised for like $1700 or $1800 but has them on order I don't think they have any in stock as of yet.

April 19, 2015, 18:05
Still waiting to hear about the .308 version. I've seen prices suggested around 2K though:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Israel_Weapon_Industries_IWI_ACE_52_7.62x51mm_NATO _Battle_Rifle_2.jpg

April 19, 2015, 18:13
I'd love to get my hands in the 308 version also but your likely correct on the $2k price (or more).

April 19, 2015, 21:27
Im not crazy about the price, but it doesnt bother me as much as some of the design decisions that they made.

I dont mind paying that much for a gun if I feel like Im getting what I pay for... but I dont like that I cant change out grips, that they used a proprietary stock tube, and that the handguard is so short.

I know its easy to fix the stock and handguard thing with aftermarket parts (hopefully), but like I said... Id rather get what I paid for. If Im going to pay nearly 2K for whats essentially just an AK, Id like to be able to throw any stock I want on it right away and use whatever grip I like. Youd think they would make it compatible with AR/AK parts.

Who knows how long it will be until a decent selection of aftermarket parts are made for it.