PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Glock mag update: ‘We screwed up’

Jolly Rodgers
April 17, 2015, 19:28
http://www.guns.com/2015/04/16/magpul-glock-mag-update-we-screwed-up/

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/magpul-pmag-17-gl9-recall.jpg

“Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4, 2015,” Fitzpatrick said. “These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower and floor plate with the new body.”

They're going to make it right. That's what good companies do.

VALMET
April 18, 2015, 07:14
Glad to see Magpul living up to their reputation. I'm looking forward to trying out one of their new G-17 mags.

gunplumber
April 18, 2015, 08:25
Because factory Glock mags are so rare and expensive . . . .

VALMET
April 18, 2015, 13:48
I'm a huge advocate for factory only mags the majority of the time but around here LGS have factory Glock mags at $30-35 a pop. If I can get a handful of Magpul G-17 at $15-16 each I'll take them.

yellowhand
April 18, 2015, 14:55
LEO friend gave me 10 Glock 21 mags and 15 Glock 17 mags a while back, said they had the things left at the range like they were throw a ways by some feds.:facepalm:
AIM runs sales for 12 buck factory Glock mags, police turn ins, and those I've gotten were nearly new, as in carried much and abused very little.
Magpul would need a price break of 7 or 9 dollars to make a dent in the market.
A solution for a problem that does not exist????

VALMET
April 18, 2015, 23:22
LEO friend gave me 10 Glock 21 mags and 15 Glock 17 mags a while back, said they had the things left at the range like they were throw a ways by some feds.:facepalm:
AIM runs sales for 12 buck factory Glock mags, police turn ins, and those I've gotten were nearly new, as in carried much and abused very little.
Magpul would need a price break of 7 or 9 dollars to make a dent in the market.
A solution for a problem that does not exist????

Many of the AIM surplus sales are for used LE-marked Glock 22 mags, which are fine as long as you have a 40-caliber Glock. I agree- Magpul would indeed need a lower price-point if factory Glock mags were regularly $10-15.

spider991
April 19, 2015, 10:30
Because factory Glock mags are so rare and expensive . . . .

well ya, maybe they will make a Beretta m9 mag next...

xtremerange
April 19, 2015, 17:02
I can see how they missed testing the mag with such rare glock variants as the G19.:rofl:

SPEEDGUNNER
April 21, 2015, 09:10
I don't understand the fascination with all things Magpul...I do see the improvement they have made in the standard AR mags, but did they really need to make a Glock mag? There must be a bazillion 9mm Glock mags floating around out there, and most of them still work. After a glitch like this in a much anticipated rollout I would be hesitant to throw down until I was absolutely sure the issue was fixed.

Vorpal_weapon
April 22, 2015, 16:24
I have bought quite a bit of magpul stuff over the years - I like some of their products for AR: MIAD grips, ACS stocks, etc. They have brought some decent and innovative items to the market. However, some of their products seem like an answer in search of a problem.
A Glock pmag - hmmmm. :rolleyes:

I'll be staying with the ubiquitous, relatively cheap and perfectly adequate factory mags for my Glocks.